Harry's Idea

"Come quick!" yelled Ginny, bursting into our room.

I was peacefully sitting on my bed, munching away on some crackers and cheese. At her outburst, I choked on the cracker and it scratched my neck going down.

"What? What is it?" I spluttered, coughing and alarmed. She took the bag of food off of my lap and grabbed my wrist and started to pull. I was being dragged off the bed, literally because I was sitting cross legged and I stayed stuck like that as I fell onto my side while being pulled.

"It's Ron. I don't know the details yet but he's in the hospital wing. It's serious apparently," she said, sounding increasingly nervous.

"Shit," I said, totally taken aback by the turn of the day's events. "Okay, I'm coming."

As we moved quickly through the halls I asked her how she knew something was wrong. She said another student had fetched her when they overheard Slughorn blubbering to another teacher about how Ron collapsed. They then told her that he was being moved to the hospital wing, something about poisoning.

We raced around corners until the doors to the hospital wing were right down the hall. I spotted Harry pacing back and forth in front of the closed doors.

"It's ridiculous, they won't let me back in!" Harry protested, as we neared him.

"But what happened?" I asked him, urgently.

He explained that they'd been in Slughorn's office because Ron had accidentally taken a love potion that was meant for Harry. He sorta glossed over that part, trying not to draw attention to it in front of me. I didn't like it obviously, and I'm pretty sure I pursed my lips in my annoyance towards the girls that wouldn't back off, but I was more interested in letting him continue to find out what happened to Ron.

Apparently, after Ron was back to normal, they were going to have have some drinks in a celebratory toast. Ron took the first sip out of the three of them and suddenly fell to the ground. Luckily Harry remembered learning about Bezoars and their healing properties, and found one to shove down Ron's throat, saving his life.

At this, Ginny thew herself onto Harry's shoulders in a tight hug, clearly very appreciative of what he'd done.

"Can we go see him?" I asked, after clearing my throat. Ginny detached herself from Harry and he was pink in the face.

"Pomfrey's not letting us in just yet," said Harry. "I don't even know why, but she expects that we can visit him during the evening."

Just then Hermione came running down the hall. Someone had gone to fetch her as well.

"Is he okay?" she panted as she stopped in front of us, holding her heaving chest.

"Yes, thankfully," shared Ginny. "If it weren't for Harry it would be a different story."

Hermione threw herself onto Harry just as Ginny had, only her hair totally engulfed his face.

"Tell me how it happened!" she said, almost choking on her words as she let go of him.

Harry repeated the story and we spent almost the whole day just peering through the doors anytime someone entered and exited, hoping to catch a glimpse of Ron.

We were finally allowed in at 8 p.m. and Fred and George arrived at ten past. They looked distressed and placed his birthday gift on the table next to their unconscious brother.

We all spent a good number of minutes trying to figure out who the poisoned bottle was intended for. Ginny had proposed that the poisoner intended to target Dumbledore since Slughorn had mentioned in passing that he was supposed to give it to the Headmaster. We all agreed that her suggestion could be true, but we found no comfort in coming to this conclusion.