Chapter 3 - Old Man

"Bell-kun, you... If you are stained with blood when you return, you should at least first take a shower..."

"Miss Eina, I would think that's exactly what I did though?"

Listening to Eina's complaining, L retorted as he did in fact take a shower as soon as he entered the guild. They are currently inside a small room that is separated specially within the guild hall. Eina and L sat facing each other and were separated by a table. On the opposite side of L, who had just cleaned up his body, Eina apparently sighed.

"Bell, only the staff of the guild is allowed to use the shower facility. This is only an exception."

"Is that so? But as a contractor that ventures into a private property in the name of the guild, wouldn't that put me in the extent of the staff too? or do you consider us adventurers as some disposable personnel that's not even considered staff of the guild?"

L reasoned a shocking remark that left Eina instantly flustered and unable to find a suitable answer immediately.

"T-That not I meant Bell-kun! Please stop saying things like that inside the guild!"

"Sure"

L smirked as he crouched comfortably on the couch. Then Eina was triggered when she saw the victorious expression on his face.

"You actually were able to bring that bloody smell and absolutely terrifying appearance directly across the streets from the dungeon to here. I really have doubts about your brain."

"Didn't you say that I should first take a shower as soon as I return? Are you perhaps telling me to shower in the public fountain instead? I'm speechless, I wouldn't have thought that someone of your caliber would suggest such a barbaric thing to people."

"W-WHAT?! That's not— just use the public bath instead!"

Why is he suddenly so cocky? Where did the innocent child I know disappeared to? Wasn't he all smiles and flowers just this morning? Can a person really change this much in just only half a day?

That's what the bewildered Eina was thinking about as she was completely oblivious to the fact that L was secretly manipulating the conversation from the start so she wouldn't ask anything about where that blood came from. As he was pretty certain that if the woman found out, she would keep nagging him about it for the rest of the period as his advisor and possibly even after that.

<Adventurers must not go on an adventure>

This was Eina's opening statement two weeks ago. Although judging from the text it may seem contradictory, its true meaning is that <You must always be careful and well prepared and you must always place safety as priority>. Especially for a newcomer like me, it is something that I must always bear in mind, because this stage is where the most deaths occur in an adventurer's career.

L couldn't agree more to those words. He still can't understand why the previous owner of his body would do something as foolish as going to deeper floors without any particular backup plans or whatsoever. And when he thought about the fact that the boy only wanted to become an adventurer because he hoped to have an encounter with beautiful girls, L got goosebumps.

According to the new memories L gained recently, meeting a LV. 2 Minotaur on the fifth floor is something that no one can imagine. And from this world's common knowledge, this monster should only come out from the fifteenth floor or below.

Did something happen in the dungeon?

L scratched his chin as he thought that this incident wasn't as simple as it seemed.