5 - Run

I was still in the bathroom. Today, I didn't look bad.

I had my long hair tied in a messy bun a strands of my caramel brown hair were covering my pale, freckled face. My eyes were green, I liked their intense color, and that would be one and only thing I liked about my looks. I was short and bony.

Something was wrong. My head was hurting, the world was spinning, I felt like I'm about to throw up. Was that alcohol? I need to leave this place.

As I went out of the bathroom with a clear goal to go to the table, take my purse and say a nice goodbye.

But there was a lot of men standing around Iacopo. One of them clearly their boss was saying something to the ear of my trembling date. This is when Iacopo stood up and was about to leave but he stopped when he saw me.

"Iacopo, is everything alright?" I didn't bother to sit at the table instead I took a purse from my seat ready to leave. With a mistrust I watched strange man gathered.

"This person is no longer welcome at my club "said a stranger with chilling tone of voice.

Oh shit. He's the owner?

"Why? What happened?"

"Mr. Corsi would you like to share with everyone what you did?"

"Nothing. I promise, nothing" he looked so scared and sincere.

"Then finish her drink" clear command in his voice.

The owner pointed at the mimosa on the table.

I looked confused as Iacopo refuses and starts to apologize to a man who gave him a strange order.

This is when everything went blank. I could feel that someone catches me in strong arms before I'm totally out.

❤️❤️❤️

Bruno was Valentino's best friend from high school and he became an excellent doctor. Studied at Harvard and came back to Sicily few years ago. With great care he was taking care of a patient lying on the bed of his friend's apartment.

"So it's really her?" His friend asked after checking Lia pulse.

"Must be. The mark appeared right after I touched her but I knew before subconsciously. I couldn't take my eyes off her the moment she entered the club"

"What about her mark?"

„This is partially a reason why you're here. Check for yourself"

"The burn scar indicates it was first degree burn"

Valentino said darkly "when I find the person who did this I will kill them. What about that drug?"

"It's out of her system but considering how long she sleeps after detox I'd say she would end up in coma if she hadn't received medical help"

"Alessio, this man who did this is in a basement right?"

"Yes sir. What do you want us to do?"

"I will take care of this personally"

❤️❤️❤️

Okay. This is very bad.

My second day in Catania and I'm in strange apartment, actually is this apartment or a hotel room? No matter, it looks very fancy. Heavy dark brown sheets were nicely composing with beige walls.

But the question remained. Where the hell am I?

I stood up, my head spun a little and I saw it. There was a cliff and sea on the one side of the room on the other side there was a water and a panoramic view of the city. Holy shit. I need to focus. The only plausible explanation of why I was in such a nice expensive looking place is that my kidnapper was dirty rich.

Stress at "KIDNAPPER"

I need to run. I need out. Where? How? Okay, breathe. I need to take a deep breathe and think.

🔆🔆🔆

I took a courageous step to go out of the room. In front of me a man in a suit.

"Can I help you?"

"I would like to leave, please?" I said awkwardly and a sparks of amusement showed in the stranger's eyes.

"Signoria please rest for now. Don Valentino will see you soon"

Don? Is that a name or something? It sounds familiar and yet weird.

Not like from the mafia movies "Don", right? No, that's ridiculous.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. My friend must be very worried about me" I took a step back.

"If you give me her phone I will ask Don Valentino to notify her about your whereabouts"

"It's he not her and I don't her to be notified I need to leave this place"

"I'm afraid it's impossible for you to leave without Don Valentino approval. You need to discus it with him I'm afraid. Please go back to your room"

I re-entered the room and once again I was drawn to the window with the sea views underneath.

Because you see this building was situated on the cliff. I still could see one clear way of escaping without having to ask anyone.

I just wasn't sure if the water is deep enough.

Regardless, I jumped out.