TWELVE

❣︎

salem

i woke up before him. his arms were safely around my shoulders as he had me pressed against his chest from underneath me.

i inhaled and let his scent fill my airways, feeling goosebumps crawl up my body as i softly smiled. his heartbeat was slow and soft, i looked up at him as he was still fast asleep.

my mind wandered to last night, to everything we'd done. i remembered how easy it was for him to make me feel good, how comforting it was to be touched by him. i placed my hand on his chest, drawing circles over his sternum. i wanted to kiss him all over, i wanted him to wake up just so i could hear his voice and feel it against my ear.

i turned back toward my room to look at my bedside clock, seeing it was around 5:20am.
fuck, i thought as i realized my mom was probably asleep in the room over. i really have to wake him up now, unless i wanna get my ass beat.

i sighed, pushing myself up higher against his body so that our faces were lined up. i looked at him, placing a hand on his cheek. i rubbed it with my thumb before i started cooing him gently out of his sleep.

"wake up, baby," i whispered, running my hand through his hair. he groaned softly as his eyebrows furrowed, he leaned into my touch a bit. i smirked, starting to kiss the right side of his face. he inhaled sharply, i felt his hand move onto my waist.

i took my lips off his cheek, seeing him with his eyes half open. i smiled in his squinted view, caressing his face again.
"good morning, sleepy."

he moaned in response, bringing a hand up to rub his eye as he turned his head toward the ceiling. i watched his every move.

"g'morning," his voice was deep and raspy, i blushed. i kissed his nose, then started leaving kisses on his chest as he stretched.
"fuck, it's only five, salem," he whined. i looked over his face as i held myself up on an elbow, my other hand over the kisses on his chest.

"you have to go home, sweet cheeks. unless you want my mom to throw a conniption fit," i said quietly. he sighed. he looked at me for a bit longer, his eyes wandering all over my features. i did the same, brushing the hair off his forehead. he brought his hand up and to my cheek, his other hand went up my back.

"you're so beautiful," he whispered, i grinned.
"you think so," i asked, he smiled softly.
"never been so sure of anything."

he got dressed, i watched from the bed, stretching and yawning, already feeling sad he wouldn't be by my side as i go back to sleep. he sighed after putting his shirt back on, turning toward me.

i narrowed my sleepy eyes at him, he smirked as he came toward me.
"see you later, alright?"
he lowered his face to be right over mine, i looked into his pretty eyes.
"of course," i said quietly, he kissed me.

he clearly didn't wanna leave, his lips stayed on mine for what felt like forever. i didn't mind it one bit, putting my hand on his chest and feeling his heartbeat again.

i woke up later at around 10am, getting ready quickly and eating a quick breakfast.

"you seem to be in a rush," my mom said, i slowed down with my cereal.
"oh, sorry. it's just that i'm gonna hang out at the skatepark today," i said, she raised an eyebrow.