𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

A BLACK TOYOTA IS DRIVING UP PAST THE 'WELCOME TO BEACON HILLS' SIGN. A SHAKY teenager is the one driving. Esmeralda Anderson had just witnessed something terrible happen to her adoptive parents. They were murdered. The worst thing was that Esmeralda watched it happen, and the killer ran through the back door before she could strike the assailant with her ice powers.

Music blaring through the radio, she couldn't get the image out of her head. There was one thing that made Esmeralda's mouth curl up into a small smile. The song that appeared next was the one where she would scream the lyrics and dance with her best friend, Carl Gallagher. She felt horrible that she had to leave him, Esmeralda was the only one that understood what he was going through.

The blonde checked her GPS and then turned a corner around to a familiar road. She stepped on the brakes when she reached her destination. Jackson Whittemore's home. The home of her other best friend.

The first time they met was when he and his family went on a vacation to Chicago, Illinois, where he came up with the nickname 'Emmy' for her. Esmeralda also came up with a nickname for him too, it was 'Jacks', but the only thing was that he only let her call him that and no one else. While he was in Chicago, Esmeralda would show him the fun things to do on the Southside – where she lived. There was an arcade which they went in nearly every day. There was also a gun range where Esmeralda taught Jackson how to fire a gun, safely. And something that was normal on the Southside not the Northside was thirteen-year-olds drinking alcohol and getting blackout drunk. When it was time for Jackson's departure, they exchanged phone numbers and promised to call every weekend to communicate on how their week had went.

The blonde walked up the small steps to the porch, she stood in front of the door for a moment. She was debating on whether to knock or walk away and not bother Whittemore boy and find somewhere else to stay. Esmeralda swallowed the lump in her throat and decided to knock on the pearly, white door. She played with her hands behind her back, patiently waiting.

Esmeralda noticed a figure in the blurred window and her face lit up, the next thing she knew was that the door was opening. There he stood. Jackson Whittemore wearing a black t-shirt, with short black shorts and his hair looked like he just came out of the shower.

When Jackson recognizes that it's Esmeralda, his face lights up like a Christmas tree. He had missed her, his family had stopped coming to Chicago for vacation a few months ago. So, he didn't get to see her during Thanksgiving and Christmas, that meant that he couldn't go ice skating with her, in their own rink, that they made. Esmeralda had trusted Jackson enough to inform him about her having ice powers. It was the right time of year for Esmeralda to use them and not be suspected by other people and possibly hunters.

"Emmy", Jackson spoke in a surprised yet excitable tone. Their blue eyes met together as Esmeralda smiled widely, almost forgetting why she had come to Beacon Hills. Whenever, she had met with Jackson, she'd completely forgot what had hurt her before from what her bullies had said or did.

"Jacks", Esmeralda responded, smiling and showing her dimples that he had found adorable in the past. It was a comfortable silence of them just focusing on each other's facial features. "I missed you", Esmeralda added softly, it was lonely when it was just her and Carl, she needed him.

Jackson mirrored her smile, "I missed you too", the Whittemore boy conveyed. He had just noticed that it was only Esmeralda and no one else. "Where's Mary and John?", he asked the smaller blonde, the way he saw her face faulter. It indicated that something was definitely wrong.