Chapter 50

After both of them had entered the room, Qiu Shi sneaked under the foot of the back wall and pressed her ear against the wall surface to eavesdrop.

Seeing that she refused to acknowledge about it, Yu Si Yu covered her chuckles with a handkerchief, "Younger Sister doesn't need to act dumb, I know about you long ago and have been looking forward to your return for many years! Poor you for going to such a family and unknowingly suffered how much hardship. Hurry and tell Eldest Sister."

She picked up the young girl's hand, which was slightly rough and still had many scars, and patted it gently.

Exerting some strength, Yu Miao Qi pulled her hand back with a forced smile, "What nonsense is Eldest Sister talking about? I have always been fostered under the care of Shui Yue Nunnery, so I don't have other family members. Anyway, I haven't seen Mother for a long time and miss her a lot, so I will go back to keep her company. I'll come back to visit Eldest Sister again when I have time in the future." Once those words were out, she left swiftly and ignored every possible persuasion of Yu Si Yu to stay.

Qiu Shi only crept out around the back wall when she walked far away. She pushed the door open and admonished, "Eldest Miss, you are truly muddle-headed! It's fine even if you knew about those secrets but why did you bring it up in front of her, are you afraid she won't keep you in mind? You will be getting married after surviving this period, so you shouldn't deliberately cause more troubles."

"You old dog, eavesdropping on me again. Sooner or later, the heavens will send down a divine thunderbolt to kill you! If you are capable, go and expose Yu Xiang's identity in front of her! I will give you five hundred tael if you dare to go!" Yu Si Yu pointed at her nose and cursed furiously.

Qiu Shi mumbled subserviently, "Even if Young Miss gives fifty thousand tael, Nubi also dares not open this mouth. If this matter is exposed, it will be regarded as lenient if the Marquis skin and chop Nubi into minced meat but what's frightening is implicating Nubi's whole family. Why would Young Miss want Nubi to go die in vain."

When she thought of the great care and indulgence of her elder brother towards Yu Xiang, Yu Si Yu stopped talking and gripped her handkerchief to vent out her sulkiness.

With good intention, Qiu Shi continued to advise her again, "Young Miss is truly unwise with this move. You thought once you revealed the Second Young Miss' identity, you would get yourself an alliance for knowing her background but it's exactly the opposite instead. It would have been better if you don't mention it but once you did, she will certainly hold grudges against you. Think about it, wouldn't her past be exposed when you ask that merchant family to bring Miss Xiang'er back? Growing up to fourteen years old in a merchant household is completely incomparable to growing up in a marquis household. If this matter comes out, the one who will find it hardest to get a foothold is not Miss Xiang'er but actually her, she will not be able to face others in the future. Don't you think she would be fearful and resentful when you revealed her identity rashly? Not knowing how she will deal with you in the days to come."

Yu Si Yu carefully mulled over her words. The more she thought about it, the more troubled she felt but still she jeered defiantly, "Don't try to be an alarmist. Younger sister looks like a gentle and amiable person who is totally different from that shrewish Yu Xiang. Moreover, what can she do to me even if she resents me? Lin Shi and her status in the Marquis manor aren't even comparable to me."

As she was speaking, Yu Miao Qi's main maidservant, Bao Sheng reported outside the door, "Eldest Miss, Second Young Miss asked Nubi to bring you something, saying that she is sorry for leaving hastily this time and asked you to visit her more often in the future. Since you are all sisters of the family, you all ought to be of one mind."