Chapter 92

Yu Xiang had assured Old Madam that she would hold back for a while and she did for four to five days. During this period, Yu Miao Qi stayed in her room honestly to nurse her injuries and dared not go out. When Lin Shi saw the four bloody nail marks on her face, she ran to the southern courtyard to look for Yu Xiang to settle the score but coincidentally met Yu Pin Yan who just came back from Yamen that her belly full of reproaches could not be vented out and could only leave in despair.

As Yu Xiang had indeed offended so many noble ladies that Chang Ya Fu entered the eyes of these people after deriving from this adversity and was invited to several parties where she made many friends.

Madam Chang was not idle either as she looked around to arrange other households for her daughter and finally chose the Di son of Lord Qi, the right deputy of Foreign Affairs Minister as her son-in-law. Although the other party is not as powerful as Yu Pin Yan, his appearance and character are very decent whom previous fiancee was also observing a period of mourning but unexpectedly died of an unforeseen illness when they were ready to tie the knot which actually enabled the Chang Family to seize such a good deal.

After being on tenterhooks and seeing that Yu Xiang had been silent for a few days, Chang Ya Fu's anxiety gradually calmed down. That's right, Yu Xiang has such a notorious reputation that it is simply logical for Yu Xiang to slander her that others will think she is taking revenge on herself no matter how she pleads her innocence, so who will believe her!

Those who are wicked are doomed for destruction, hence she would not be able to explain clearly even if she had a hundred mouths and if Yu Pin Yan still wants to get married in this life, he must send her out of the manor quickly. She is a broken-legged invalid whose temper is so explosive that who dares to want her except those lowly people who intend clinging to the Marquis' power?

In the early stage, one might still be able to live a few days of stable life marrying to such a person but once the other party gains power, won't Yu Xiang be chastised to death? It's such an extreme satisfaction thinking about it! Chang Ya Fu could not help laughing out loud as she sat in the swaying carriage.

"The gengtie[1] has been traded while the marriage agreement has been drawn, shouldn't you be happy now?" Madam Chang joked as she wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"Yes, it's finally a lucky break out of this extreme misfortune." Chang Ya Fu breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's also thanks to Yu Xiang's infamous reputation, otherwise I don't really know how to get over this marriage withdrawal." Madam Chang stroked her daughter's hair and laughed mockingly, "Yu Family only concerned with spoiling her to the sky. When Yu Pin Yan can't find a wife later, they ought to regret it."

"Exactly. Yu Pin Yan is already twenty one-two this year with no one to warm his bed, so let's just see how long he can restrain himself. Won't he nevertheless have to make a choice between a woman and his younger sister?" Chang Ya Fu really wants to know where Yu Pin Yan's bottom line is with Yu Xiang and how far he will be burdened by her.

Madam Chang waved her hand and laughed coldly, "Heck care what he chooses, it will anyhow be another hotchpotch good show. We just need to sit back and watch the show."

Yu Xiang had already arrived one step earlier when they gradually approached Duke Jingguo mansion. Many sturdy servants jumped down from five large carriages that came along. They then shouldered poles as they placed each and every one of the mahogany boxes in front of the mansion door.

Yu Xiang gave a meaningful glance to Liu Lu who immediately stepped forward and knocked on the door.

Hearing the movement, the gatekeeper opened a small gap and asked, "Who is it?"