Bad Blood (Vampire Levi x Witch Reader)

Author's Note: Happy Halloween season! To help you get in the mood, here's a saucy story about witches and vampires. ;)

After the fall of Wall Maria, it became difficult for witches and vampires to hide their existence, now that so many people were shoved into close quarters within the remaining two Walls. It started with a few rumors here and there, and then all of a sudden, everyone knew someone who had seen the supernatural creatures with their own eyes. Belief spread rapidly for stories that were once mere legend – and so did fear. Having just endured a titan attack, no one was eager to have more monsters in their midst.

Yet, not all monsters were created equal. Despite initial objections from the Wall Cult, witches became revered by society. Not only did they make incredible medicinal contributions and help crops grow, but they were also able to protect citizens from the more problematic vampires.

The fanged creatures largely lived inside a deep network of caves that was only accessible through the Underground City. This subterranean existence was preferable for them, given that they couldn't survive in direct sunlight. Furthermore, it was rumored that they lived in much the same way human aristocrats did, with a hierarchy and formal etiquette and luxuries mansions. However, since no human had ever come out of there alive, such things were difficult to prove. Humans only knew for certain that the vampires had a queen, because the witch princesses occasionally ventured underground to negotiate with her – though such negotiations rarely yielded a lasting benefit.

Despite the witches' best efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution, it seemed impossible to permanently prevent vampires from attacking humans. Most of the creatures were cruel and selfish – caring for nothing beyond the fact that they both needed blood to survive and enjoyed drinking it. Even though they could technically drink without killing, they often chose to kill anyway, because they saw humans as mere livestock that existed only to feed them. Moreover, their proximity to the slums provided them with easy access to a food supply that the human government wasn't likely to miss – if they were willing to settle for malnourished blood, of course.

Many weren't, and these rogue vampires lived apart from the core of vampire society. They instead chose to make their homes on the surface, hiding from sunlight during the day and emerging at night to feed. It was impossible to know when and where a vampire might attack, and if a human were unfortunate enough to be targeted, their only hope was that a witch would just happen to be close enough to assist them.

For this reason, at least one witch was permanently stationed in every town, and more traveled from place to place as they hunted vampires who had killed humans. Each region – north, south, east, and west – was overseen by a witch princess, who was responsible for handing out assignments and stepping in if things took an extremely bad turn. The four princesses were chosen by the Council of Elders that resided in the capital city of Mitras, and the requirements included being an exceptionally powerful, wise, and well-respected member of the witch community. Once chosen, a princess served for life until she stepped down, was deemed physically unable, or was removed for improper conduct – though the last method hadn't been necessary since the first group of princesses ruled nearly a century ago.

You had recently been elected as princess of the southern region, and you certainly had a full schedule as you tried to balance both your royal duties and your work as a squad leader in the Scout Regiment. On top of all that, you were married, and you wanted to give your husband every bit of attention and support he deserved. After all, Levi was an absolute treasure.

Yet, there was no avoiding the fact that you had to occasionally take days-long trips into the interior to meet with the Council or the other princesses. You hated being away from your husband for so long, though he always put on a stoic face and assured you that he could survive until you returned. Yet, he was always waiting at the door whenever you came back, eager to make up for the lost time between you two.