Chapter 13: Trial

"Ah, I see," he was composed and restrained, highly unlikely for an 11-year-old who just woke up in the Hospital with around 15 healers surrounding him.

He knew why he was here.

"Mr Potter upon your arrival at the Ministry you were tested by Healers as per regulation,"

"I do remember a Healer running diagnostics on me without my consent, yes"

Harry was kind of scaring the Healers and Dots. He was supposed to be panicking and they were supposed to reassure him. It appeared that they didn't need to.

"Are you... alright, Mr Potter?"

"Yes, sir, I am completely and utterly sane, if that is what you are implying," he answered formally, "Please, enlighten me, Why I am here,"

"Yes, yes of course Mr Potter," he shook himself off. This was certainly the oddest patient he had ever seen.

"We have found that you have an exceptional amount of curse residue on your core. At this level of damage, the patient has maybe undergone a full two hours under a maximized Cruciatus Curse,"

"And.." the boy asked annoyed. He had technically survived the Killing Curse twice as well as a strong Crucio and a few others as well. It wasn't a wonder that he had that much residue.

"Well... when we find this much curse residue on a body, Mr Potter, the patient is usually well... Dead," the Head of Department replied bluntly, "Our worse patient here at St Mungo's underwent a maximised Cruciatus for merely 15 seconds,"

"Frank Longbottom?" he asked. He then was reminded of the incapacitated Longbottom.

"Why, yes," the Healer had not been expecting the boy to know of the casualties of war. He was certainly odd but he had to focus on the matter at hand, "Did you know them?"

"Yes, Alice Longbottom is my Godmother," he replied looking down.

"I see," the Healer replied solemnly. He did not want to discuss the matter further.

"So, Healer Dots?" Harry asked, "Why am I in here?"

"Yes," he snapped back to reality, "Mr Potter, you are currently a wonder of the healing world, we have never seen this much curse residue on any person's body, let alone one alive and sane,"

"And...?"

"We are keeping you under observation for the next few days until your trial,"

"Trial?"

"Yes, you have been sentenced to a trial for the use of an Unforgivable hence... the room," he gestured to the glass box that they had put him in.

"Mr Potter, as Healers and people of morals, we must ask how there is this much curse residue in your core as well as who caused it,"

"I am afraid, I am not at liberty to discuss that,"

"Mr Potter, as much as we would like to press further, we respect your decision and by the way, the room has been warded heavily to not allow any wand to be used," he replied scribbling things on his clipboard.

"Wand?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Wandless magic?"

"Well... no so to say, why are you asking again?" he asked curiously. An 11-year-old using wandless magic? It was unheard of.

"No reason," he said forming a cloud of extremely Dark magic in his palm, "Though you may need to strengthen your wards," he said nonchalantly.
The Healers watching him visibly gulped.