Chapter 24: Assistant

"No way,"

"Lord Potter," Flitwick interrupted, giving him a stern glare.

"Excuse me, Professor but THERE IS NO WAY IN-"

"Just a yes or no will do, Lord Potter,"

"No, thank you, sir," he smiled.

"And why might that be?"

"I am simply not interested in extra unpaid work for every professor on top of studying for OWLs,"

Flitwick nodded, "I'm off to give Snape his 10 galleons,"

"WAIT, PROFESSOR, I'LL DO IT," he ran after the half-goblin.

Flitwick stopped in his tracks and smirked. The man was more Slytherin than anyone thought.

He put on a smile and turned back to the not-so-young Lord, "Excellent Lord Potter, meet me in the staff room at 7, will you?"

"Of course, sir," he smiled before turning around and leaving, cursing himself for falling for that.

***

"Welcome, Lord Potter," Flitwick squeaked, "Please, take a seat," he gestured to the seat in front of the staff in the room.

The ten or so Professors were sitting at a round table with an empty seat.

He did so and spoke, "Sorry for not asking you before, Professor, but what would this job entail?" Probably should have thought of that before accepting.

"It is simple, really, you shall assist any professors to help the students and when time comes that they are not able to attend classes for whatever reason, you can fill in for them," Filius nodded.

"That is all very well but sir, I have classes to attend as well,"

"Do not fret, Lord Potter," he grinned, "I have spoken to your professors and they say that you already know most of the material and so they have decided that you do not need to attend their classes as long as you do the assignments," he paused looking around at the professors including a very annoyed Snape, "You will also be given the power of a prefect and I hope that you don't abuse that power," he raised an eyebrow.

"Thank you, Professors," he nodded.

"That's settled then," he sighed, "Please, Join me for second period first-year Charms class tomorrow and the rest of your teachers shall give you their timetables as well,"

"Of course, Professor,"

"Please, Lord Potter, when in private, you may call us by our first names,"

"Well in that case, you may call me Harry," he stuck out his hand for the staff to shake.

They took the outstretched hand one by one and Snape reluctantly took it and then cast a cleaning spell on his palm,

He would have taken offence if it wasn't Snape.

"I will see you tomorrow, Harry," Filius smiled.

"And you, Filius,"

***

"Ah, Lord potter, thank you for joining us," he sighed as Harry entered the classroom. He had been slightly late because he was held back by 'prince duties'.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor," he apologized, " I was held up,"

"That is no problem, I'm sure that you are a busy man,"

He turned his attention to the class of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors, including an over-excited Creevey, "Lord Potter has agreed to become a teaching assistant during a few lessons so I suggest that you treat him with respect,"

They nodded and Flitwick continued with the class as Harry went around helping whenever it was necessary. It was easier than he expected.

For the rest of the classes, it was pretty much the same until... Potions.

"Lord Potter," Snape sneered. The students had not yet arrived and it was cold and lonely in the dungeons.

"Severus," he greeted, "What can I do for you today?"

"I have a class of seventh-year Slytherins today and I believe you are experienced enough in this field?" he challenged.

"Of course, Severus,"

Snape nodded, "We shall be doing potion's theory today and I hope that you are able to help a few... slower students,"

Harry nodded, "Of course,"

The students began to file in and they all smiled at Harry. They knew how good Harry was at teaching ad they appreciated it.

Soon enough, Harry went around to help the students and they all immediately got it. It was almost a miracle and even Snape's mouth twitched into an almost-smile.

Harry had earned the respect of students and professors alike and on top of that, Voldemort himself.

He was often invited to his manor for meetings as well as more casual gatherings. He was beginning to become comfortable around the notorious murderers and had even formed a close friendship with Greyback.

A quick, light-hearted chapter. Super short but a nice chapter for Harry.
His life is full of twists and turns as well as excitement and danger so I decided he needed a break.
I didn't really have time to write much today but here it is... Thanks for reading
-Alysha