lucas.

(Play the song

(Play the song.)

It makes him furious. Everytime she breaks a smile with him. He has to witness a rage exploding in every vessel he possesses. This reality in which he feels is hell, is too hard to accept. Maybe if he rubbed his eyes, the sight of them would disappear. But it won't blur. Everyone around campus says they compliment each other, but none of that could ever amount to him. He could never surmount him in any shape or form. He would always be able to have Beth. Always.

They try and find a seat in this loud and
obnoxious lunchroom. As they laugh and grab on each other for security. Her eyes were so brightly glistening at him.

He had to remove myself, figuring that it would only hurt him more by watching them. He rushed into the restroom, trying to regain some control over his harboring emotions. Wanting to rip all his hair out, scream, cry. This may be utter stupidity, but it couldn't be helped. And that worsened his desire for her.

The door burst open as he turned around, shocked by the abrupt entry. Revealing the face of Beth, excitement rises to a full capacity. But he remained calm. She tries to exit fast, but he extended his hand out for her arm, grabbing it to pull her near.

" Beth, wait. " He blurted out.

" Ew, no. This is the men's bathroom. " as she quickly tries to leave.

" It's unisex's. " Beth rolls her eyes, and shifts her head to face him, while he releases her arm.

" What do you want, Lucas? " she asks.

" I can't just sit here and watch you with him anymore. I can't. " He admits. It's sickening, but there's no authority he can assert without coming off as an ass. Yet, if that's what it took, he'd do it.

" Why are you watching us? You need to move on Lucas. " says Beth, sighing heavily. It left a sour taste in his mouth. How could it be so easy for her? How could that even come off her tongue so painlessly?

" No, I won't. I can't hide it anymore. " He says bluntly. At that moment, He didn't care what would happen next. Nothing had any purpose, nothing but Beth.

" What makes you think I care? I don't need your stamp of approval. " When those words leave her, his body heats up. He rubs his chin, giving her a dead eyed stare. Not breaking his gaze on her. Beth heads toward the door sensing the irritability emitting his body language. All having been provoked by her sly comment.

He gets to the door before her and locks it. Gradually turning around to see the discomfort in her face.

" You need me Beth. You think you're over me? ".

" Move out of the way! " she shouted. Trying to push her way through. But he refused, he wouldn't let her stare at him again.

" Lucas, move! " shouted Beth once more. Fury captured her face.