Self-expression/hold on

When I was younger I'd keep a journal and that carried on to adolescence and adulthood(which does, quite frankly, uphold its name-it can be rough being an adult, at times). I've felt the need to express myself throughout life because I've had troubles since I was young- I would say around 9 or 10 was when I began realizing I had a deep sadness in me but as I've grown I've used this as a means to escape reality and cross the line between this world and what is within me- my spirit.
Spirituality has led me to reading the Bible and believing it to be true and helpful throughout life, it's what has allowed me to write and express myself in words and it is what allows me to find peace even when I'm surrounded by chaos; whether it be internal or external.
It started with journals and little werewolf books that I'd post on Wattpad(Check out Tell me you love me(editing)) and dabbled in poetry but I didn't feel I had it in me to write such short things that capture attention. As I've grown I've realized, sometimes you have to paint your own type of beauty within reality and the escape can't be the only safe place to be myself. Whenever you allow yourself to have time to sort through it all through a form of self-expression; nourishing this crucial element can help in understanding yourself and the world a little better. When you understand something it becomes easier to get through- it doesn't matter if people understand you. Reality isn't easy and it is easy to escape so express yourself in creative ways and nourish your body and spirit so that escape never becomes too urgent.
Make time for yourself even if you're just writing a to do list and checking it off as you go; making goals and reaching them brings a more positive outlook toward your amazing ability to get sh*t done- even if it is at your own pace. Appreciate moments of silence that come rarely- you don't always have to fill the time with anything as long as you make time for the important things. Take a walk to a spot you like one evening as the sun sets and enjoy the beauty we are given, freely, yet fail to appreciate, run a hot bubble bath in a clean tub and light an incense. You are number one and you should treat yourself well! This means, you are allowed to express yourself and you should; however you feel brings you joy and comfort.