003

The blinding light coming through the window woke me up. Sitting up, I look at my surroundings. This is not my room, what is this place?

I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hit me with a bang. The blurry memory from last night starts to occupy my thoughts. The mysterious beam of light appearing in my room, and the sudden cold breeze I felt. It can't be a dream, right?

"You're finally awake." I looked up to see a pretty woman with purple hair. I got lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice her entering the room. "How are you feeling? That must have been a hard fall, you were out for a while."

"I- I'm okay.." I hesitantly answered. Before I could ask her anything, a tall man with brown hair wearing a long trench coat entered the room.

"You can ask your questions later." He said, he then kneeled on one knee and took my hand "But first, would you be willing to join me in a double sui-"

The purple-haired woman gave him a whack in the head. "Stop messing around, Dazai. Tell us why you're here."

Wait- Dazai? I feel like I've heard that name before. Hmm think, "Dazai..?" Crap, I accidentally said it out loud.

"Yes, I am Dazai. Dazai Osamu." (how can i make this dramatic, like in the anime)

What..? I stared at him in confusion and disbelief.

"We were confused as you are, but we deduced that you are from another world, judging by the books you have- like this one." He said, showing a book with the title 'No longer human'.

"Not only both my name and ability are written on the cover, but this book..." He observed, flipping through the pages. "I feel a weird, strong connection to it."

"We can discuss this later with everyone, Dazai. I'm sure she has questions too, as well as the others. Right, uhm-" She said, gesturing for my name.

"Y/n." I said quietly, still bewildered by what's happening.

"Right, then shall we go and meet the others?"

I nodded. While we're on our way to the main office, a bunch of questions run through my mind. Did I go back in time? How come Dazai doesn't recognize his book? And what did he meant by ability? 'Meeting the others', are there more authors I'm gonna meet?

My eyes widen at the thought. If that's the case, then- no, I'm not even sure if they're the real authors. As he mentioned earlier, I may be in another dimension. Does that explain why he's unfamiliar with his book? This could be a prank for all I know, but I don't think that's case.

"Here we are." She said, opening the office door.