Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"And what is it you require of me, Mr Dixon?" coolly asks Mason. He decides he would play along because there's no point in getting angry. It's not like he can just punch the living daylights out of him through the phone...Despite the temptation. Besides, how the hell did Richard Dixon get his private number?  

"You have something of mine, Mr Carter, I'd like it returned," retorts Richard in the same cold facade.  

"Considering I have never even met you, Mr Dixon, I highly doubt I have something of yours." 

"A new employee of yours...she's my...slave. I'm sure a man like you can appreciate that some desires are only fulfilled by 'slaves'. And, Mr Carter, I'd like mine back." 

Mason thought himself to be patient or at least the most patient out of all his brothers; but even he feels his blood boil at Richard's reference to Katy being his slave. Mason's sweet mate is and never will be anyone's slave.  

"Well, Mr Dixon, I'm not keeping her captive. She may leave whenever she pleases. All I have done is provided her employment, if she so wishes to resign then that is her choice.-" 

"She doesn't know what she wants. She's mine. She's running away from her obligations and I need her returned so that she may be set straight again." 

Mason inhales sharply before retorting whilst chanting the mantra to stay calm, in his mind.  

"Slavery was abolished. Human trafficking is illegal. And if you mean that she's a sexual-sub-slave than she would not 'run away' from you.-" 

"Look, what do you want? Money? Women? What? I want her back. She's...mine," Richard growls, his cold business tone dropping.  

"I don't want anything from you, Mr Dixon. And I certainly am not giving anything to you. The woman is under my employment, under my care and I provide only the best care for my employees. In my line of business, security, safety and comfort for the employees are essential and I don't intend to sacrifice any of that for any of my workers," passively explains Mason.  

"I don't care. I. Want. Her. Back. I don't care about your security or safety or whatever. She's contractually mine. She signed it herself and it's all under her own consent. If you don't return her to me then I will take this to court," threatens Richard. Mason wanted to laugh at the obscure mentality of the man. How can such a twisted mind become so rich and fairly powerful? 

" 'Contractually yours?' Well, I'm sure she has a copy of this contract somewhere. I'll be sure to get my lawyers to look over it and if you feel it necessary to take this to court, then by all means Mr Dixon, do. I'm sure the outcome will certainly be riveting," smugly retorts Mason. All the hours of tutoring from his father had certainly paid off. Mason was more the type to just deal with the problem and get it over with but his father had warned him that in business, things must be done more...'carefully'. In other words, discretely. And who knows if Richard Dixon is recording the conversation.  

"It would have been a lot easier for you to just hand her over, Mr Carter...But I see an arrangement cannot be made..I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into."

With that ominous statement, Richard hung up. Mason's subconsciously clenched fist, unclenches as he tries to calm his drumming heart rate. The anger is just too much. He desperatly wants to just rip into his wolf and slaugter the bastard but that would mean leaving his mate here. It was something his more primative self just can't do. He has to be close to her but...the release. There's only one thing to do.  

He storms back upstairs and slips into some sweats before leaving for the gym downstairs. He knew he should probably leave Katy a note or something but in his volcanic state, he felt it would be disastrous to even let her see him like this. They'd been making so much progress and he couldn't risk her spiralling back down to fearing him from seeing his rage.