|7.7| Kreacher's Tale

***

THAT WAS IT. THERE was nothing more written. The pages ended as the writing ended. 

Grace went through the pages again, her fingers rubbing against the letters on the old pages. 

All you need to do is find me.

Audhelga had said, as if she might nor be dead, but alive. The words whispered to her like a swaying of a willow tree in the wind, softer and softer, until it was only the silent hissing, reminding her. 

You know where to go.

She did know where to go.

But how did Audhelga knew that? How did she knew who she was or what was happening in the future? How did she knew anything about this time?

Grace was reminded of a dream she had last year, when she visited the Temple of Audhelga and saw those painting on the walls. The story was slightly different from the story Audhelga told her. She wasn't visited by mother nature or got blessed with powerful magic. 

Maybe Dumbledore is right; Love is the most powerful magic in the world.

Grace didn't sleep that night. She read her ancestor's words which looked like a beautiful drawing at first glance until the letters no longer looked like letters, but a story with pictures dancing across the pages. 

As the morning approached, a chink of sky was visible between the heavy curtains. It was the cool, clear blue of watered ink, somewhere between night and dawn.

The ancient journal in her hand, she idly padded quietly up the stairs. She saw the cracked door of her room, empty except for the stripped furniture and coated with dust. It was much too quiet for her who was so accustomed to noise: she had grown used to the sound of laughter streaming through the halls, the loud pitter-patter of feet on the wooden floor, the explosions caused by Fred and George, the yelling of her mom to quiet them down. When she though about it, those seemed much simpler times: she was not plagued by the worry of her death, or death of her loved ones, or anything complicated. The only worries she had were the exams and winning the Quidditch cup.

Grace continued up the stairs until she reached the topmost landing where there were only two doors. The one facing her bore a nameplate reading Sirius

Grace had been in her father's room many time before he was alive. She wanted to see the room again and see the old pictured he had pasted on the wall, the ones with his friends and her mother. But she couldn't find the courage in herself to enter her father's without being plagued by his memories and completely breaking down.