10

sierra sprays expensive perfume over her outfit and puts on a few rings. she checks the time on her watch and tries not to feel giddy knowing that he's on his way.

they're going to an atlanta hawks game against the lakers, and they have court side seats. obviously druski and urban wyatt are going as well, but he specifically got tickets to this game because he knows sierra likes lebron. he surprised her the other day on facetime, and she screamed and told him she'd go a thousand times.

jack and sierra really have been working at it. it's been a few days since she officially told him that she wanted him just as much as he wanted her, and it's been smooth sailing. they haven't kissed or anything because jack is waiting for sierra to make that move first, but he's put in the effort he'd been lacking beforehand. she even unblocked him on instagram.

she slips her feet into a short pair of heels and grabs her leather jacket just as her phone rings. she answers the call from urban and puts it on speakerphone. "hello?"

"we're outside," he says. sierra says okay and they hang up. she makes sure she has everything she needs before exiting her apartment.

jacks car sits where it always does, and she can hear him and druski arguing before she even gets to it. "why i gotta sit in the back?" druski asks.

"bro, get just in the back!" jack says exasperatedly. it's clear to sierra that they've been arguing about this the entire ride here, and so she walks up to the passenger side door and waits behind it with her hands on her hips.

druski looks back and forth between jack and sierra, who just smiles at him, and he rolls his eyes before pushing the door open and getting out. "y'all annoying, for real," he says.

"hi, druski," sierra says, moving in between him and the door and trading spots. druski mumbles a greeting and closes the door behind her, treating her like the princess that she is. "hey, urb." she says, swiveling around in her seat to wave at him. 

"what's up, sierra?" they shake each other up and she turns back around and faces jack. neither of them can contain the smiles on their faces when they face each other.

"hey," they both say at the same time. sierra leans across the middle console and jack meets her halfway. she wraps her arms around his neck and kisses his cheek while he holds her close. his cologne is strong, but not overwhelmingly so. it's fresh and expensive. "you smell nice." sierra says as she pulls back from him.

"tom ford," he replies, a smug smile on his face as he backs out of the spot. sierra nods and bites back her smile. she enjoys being with jack, even if his homeboys tag along. she likes how they're working towards a good thing again, and even though it's been so long since they've been together, it's like the two of them have never missed a beat. he knows what to say or do that'll get a smile out of her, and she knows how to make him blush.

but sierra is still keeping him at bay with platonic touches and keeping it simple. there's no pet names from either side, though he's almost slipped up a few times. sometimes his touches linger, and she either removes herself from them or he pulls back, but most of the time sierra lets them linger, wanting so badly for them to pick up where they left off, to feel his hands on her in places that haven't been touched in a long time, but she knows that in order for this to work, her head has to be clear. and rushing into everything will do the opposite.

"ay, play that tiller joint," druski says from the back as they barrel down the road.

"luv is dro?" jack clarifies. druski confirms and jack messes with his phone. seconds later, a r&b turned hip hop beat starts playing through the speakers.