23

exactly like jack said, they were in miami to work. all they've done since they got here the other night is go to the studio, meet with the video director, and go back to the studio. deja and jasmine have been free to go and explore the city and nightlife, while sierra has been stuck to jacks hip because he keeps coming up with reasons as to why he needs her around; he wants her input on the video; wants inspiration for the video; wants to see the video from a 'woman's perspective'. total bullshit.

sierra sighs loudly, tired of sitting in meetings that have nothing to do with her. her phone is only so entertaining, and after switching between twitter and instagram for thirty minutes, there's not much new content you can expect. she's scrolled past the same seven photos on instagram, so far.

jack looks over at her and puts his hand on her leg. she gives him a look that says can we go? and he responds by rubbing her knee. sierra sighs again and slumps back in the office chair.

they sit at a long table, his entire team around him, along with chris' team. jack barely does any talking, and she wonders why they're even here if neelam is just going to handle everything anyway. she wants to be outside, at the beach and enjoying this vacation with her man and best friends. but instead, she's been trapped inside for the past two days, her hair and makeup done with nowhere to go.

"i'll be right back," she mutters to jack, standing up from her chair and adjusting the skirt she's wearing. she quickly excuses herself from the room, locking eyes with a guy on the oposite side of the table. she saw him come in with chris, and paid no attention to him. he smirks at her and she rolls her eyes before walking out of the room.

sierra reads the signs on the wall, finding the bathroom quickly. she enters and immediately pulls her phone out of her purse and dials dejas number because she knows jasmine probably won't answer if they're out having fun. lucky for her, deja picks up after the first few rings. "hellooooo!" deja sings. it's loud in the background and sierra physically deflates.

"you have to get me out of here, i literally want to die," sierra says dramatically. she hears a lot of shuffling on the other end and then it's exponentially quieter.

"what are you even doing?" deja asks.

"nothing! jack is just a fucking hater," she pouts, leaning against the counter. she knows the real reason he doesn't want her to go out is because of what always happens in miami. and all of her friends are single, which means he doesn't trust them in these times. "i just want to have fun. he's ruining my life."

"girl, fuck him! we'll pick you up, just text us the address!" jasmine yells, coming out of nowhere. "it's literally spring break—you deserve to relax and have fun. if he don't like it, he can kick rocks." she adds. sierra smiles to herself, and immediately sighs after.

"i just want to go to the beach," sierra mutters.

"i'm not even playing, send us your address and we'll be there. why are you literally sad on vacation—you can do this shit for free in atlanta," jasmine scoffs. "send us the addy right now."

"okay, okay. i'll see you guys soon," sierra says. they say their goodbyes and sierra quickly sends them her current location, feeling slightly guilty for ditching jack, but this is her vacation too, and she brought her friends only to barely even see them. she deserves to enjoy herself.

sierra walks out of the bathroom with her head in her phone and she only looks up when she she bumps into a hard chest. first, she notices his sneakers, and then she takes a few steps back to look at who it is—the table guy. "my bad," sierra says, pulling at her skirt again. his eyes rake over her in a way that makes her feel exposed, and she crosses her arms over her abdomen.