the end

Ok, this time it was NOT my fault. My beta readers (ahem) were not finished editing this honestly pretty short chapter. So, yeah. Not on me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sirius Black! MY LOVE! THE BEST GAY IN THE WORLD! EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BDAY TO MY BOY! MOONY WILL HAUNT U IF U DONT! 🎉🥳🎂

(if you can't tell, I'm a marauders fan)

Anyway, thanks for all the support I've received on this story. I honestly did not think this would gain any traction given how many stories are in this genre. But I was pleasantly surprised. There will be more info about the next story in the series soon. Thanks again!

- your author

Ω ♆ Ω

The next day, Percy found that he and Annabeth had been left to sleep in. It was a rare occurrence that they got a completely peaceful sleep, but last night was one of those nights. He had felt at peace with himself and his powers, and his sleep reflected that. Luckily, Annabeth's mind seemed to have picked up on that as well.

When he had finally woken up, a glance at the clock on their bedside table revealed that it was about ten in the morning. That meant that they had gotten about eleven hours of sleep. He couldn't even remember a time when he had slept that long since he lost the Achilles curse. It was nice.

He could tell that his slight movements had stirred Annabeth, but she kept pretending she was asleep in his arms. Her golden hair was forming a halo around her head in the sunlight. It was beautiful. She was beautiful.

And Percy was a simp. Forgive him, teenage boys of the world.

"We should probably get up now, Wisegirl," he whispered.

She released some sort of cross between a growl and a groan in response.

He laughed, giving her a quick kiss on the head, "I can make blue pancakes..."

That got her up. She quite literally jumped out of his arms and started changing into the nearest clothes, only stopping to glance up and give him an unimpressed look.

"Hurry up! You've got pancakes to make!"

He bursted into laughter, relenting by slowly dragging himself out of bed. She grinned at him with a smile full of love.

It was good. This was good. They were becoming more and more okay every day.

Ω ♆ Ω

"They live!" Tony exclaimed, greeting the couple in typical Tony Stark fashion.

Entering the living area, Percy had his arm tossed around Annabeth's shoulders, silently grounding each other. They were better, but not perfect.

"We were starting to think you'd both slipped into a coma," Jason joked from his position on a couch with Piper and Leo.

"That would be just our luck, wouldn't it?" Annabeth said, slipping out from under Percy's arm and sitting down at the kitchen island.

Percy went to start the search for a pan to make the pancakes in after he turned on the burners.

"Pans?" he asked Tony.

"Top left cabinet," Natasha answered instead, "Tony doesn't know where his own sock drawer is, let alone where the pans are kept."

Pulling out an unnecessarily-expensive pan, Percy next asked, "Pancake ingredients and blue food dye?"