Book 5: Y/n Flowers Vs The Future and The Past

"Happy birthday, Loser." Y/n smiled at Scott as the gang was seen at Y/n and Kim's house. Well, gang being Scott, Ramona, Kim, Joseph, Stephen, and Julie. "Still don't know why you wanted this to have the cake have your face."

"Need to know basis." Scott said as Y/n shrugged. Scott looked at the candles, "uh, they aren't lit."

Y/n snapped his fingers, the candles were lit. "Like I said, happy birthday."

"Happy birthday, baby." Ramona held Scott.

Kim, who was a month younger, looked at Scott, "how does it feel to be positively ancient?"

Scott turned offended and looking like he was gonna cry with his big ol' eyes, "ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make! I, Scott Pilgrim, will be the best 24-year old...ever!"

Scott won his birthday, and cake. Everyone dug in, Ramona held her face, "uh, bro, when did you get so good at cooking?"

"Not telling." Y/n said as he wore his apron.

"He's totally the housewife." Joseph looked at him.

"I am not!" Y/n shouted, "now excuse me, I have to do dishes now."

"Right..." Stephen said as he took a bite. "This is good, I've never seen Julie smile like that."

"You mean in a while?" Ramona asked.

"In general." Stephen stated.

Kim gets up to the kitchen and looks at Y/n, who was cleaning dishes at lighting speed. She lean on the entryway frame with her arms folded. "Hey, N/n."

"Whoa, haven't heard that one in a while. I don't believe that special occasion is Scott's birthday." Y/n said, laughing to himself a bit.

"No way. Just wanted to say it." Kim walked over and wrapped a hand around his waist, kissing him in the cheek. "Good job on the cake, babe."

"No...problem?" Y/n said as Kim walked away with a smile. "She's been happy as of late. Well she is usually...happy. But now she's showing it more. It's kinda creepy, in a good and bad way."

Kim peaked in the kitchen again, "don't forget about stupid party coming up."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "what stupid party?"

Cuts to Julie's party, Y/n was dressed skeleton and unamused, "oh, this stupid party."

Kim takes a sip of her beer, "yep, told ya so."

"Man, Julie, ever since you moved over here it's been non-stop." Scott looks at Julie.

"Yeah, well, next time I'll think about inviting your ass." Julie says as she walked away.

"Whatever, her outfit is barley even theme appropriate. This party sucks." Scott says as he has his uniform on,

"Imagine she didn't invite you, though? What in the world could you possibly do without her?" Y/n asked sarcastically.

"No horror themed Mexican food, no slutty dead people...you'd be missing out on a real cultural bonanza." Kim adds.

"Ehh, at least she's trying. Or something, I guess." Scott fake coughed.

"Trying to run us in the ground." Ramona said as she ate a chip.

"I need some air. The stupidity in here is making me feel faint." Kim held her head, "you coming, Y/n?"

"Nah, I think I'll steal some beer first." Y/n said as Ramona looks at him.

"Hold that thought...I see ex boyfriends." Ramona looked at a wall.