12// BALANCING ACT

CHAPTER TWELVE; BALANCING ACT

CHAPTER TWELVE;
BALANCING ACT

Love is a balance. Some say love can kill you, while others argue that nothing has ever made them feel more alive.

Love can bring even the strongest warriors to their knees when faced with heartbreak, or cause the weakest to raise up when love is received. Like no other thing in the world love is both life, and death.

Jaelyn hadn't realized it before, but she would surly die for people she truly loved. Like Lydia or her parents, maybe Jackson on a good day. Because living without them would be a pain worse than death.

Scott had been recently added to that list of those people, seeing him walk out the doors of the chemistry room was like a shock to Jaelyn's body.

She knew she loved Scott when she couldn't stand herself for letting him go, when she couldn't bring herself to cower while he risked his life for her. So their Jaelyn stood, she'd just come out of the chemistry room, peering down the dark hallway after Scott. Scott was leading himself into a death trap, and Jaelyn would walk along with him.

Jaelyn began to follow, her heart rate increasing in her ears tenfold. She was cautious of her actions, wondering when Scott would finally succumb to the presences behind him. Jaelyn still didn't know much about werewolves but she was sure anyone could hear the rapid thumping in her chest.

Scott turned a corner heading down the same stairs that lead back to the lunch room, the place they had once hid from the beast within these walls. Jaelyn kept her distance taking the stairs two at a time. She had to steadying herself with the hand rail as she moved down, since she'd gotten her sling she'd always felt off balance.

Scott walked ominously through the cafeteria still unaware of Jaelyn only a few steps behind him. Really he was more focused on using every other sense besides hearing, to track the beast inside the school. His ears had only been filled with the sound of his heart, pounding away.

For a moment Jaelyn just stood admiring Scotts features as he surveyed the room. Even in the middle of all the stress and anger Scott remained collected, his selflessness covering any fear he'd show. Jaelyn wanted to savior the moments of silence she'd have with him before everything went chaotic, even if Scott wasn't aware of her role in all of this.

Though that soon ended when Jaelyn crashed into stacked of creates. Stumbling back she fell to the ground, watching the top create drop and all of its contents spill out. Cans feel down all around her, Jaelyn wincing at the loud sounds they made once they hit the ground. Scott wipped around his eyes focusing in on the blond at the center of all the clutter.

"That's why I don't play sports," Jaelyn announced. Scotts eyes got wide at the sight of her and he felt like he was going into cardiac arrest.

"This isn't happening," Scott thought allowed. Jaelyn couldn't be that stupid to threaten her life, could she?