Day 3.

September 9, 8 days before the competition.

Chaos ruled the streets the morning after. Gromit awoke to countless blaring alarms that he had slept through. Wandering downstairs, he found that the wake-up system had been out of order, and it had not woken them up. Every alarm was going off. And once they got to the church for a meeting, found it was the work of a mythical creature called the Were-Rabbit, according to the vicar, sent to punish them for their giant veg-growing sins.

"Simmer down, simmer down now!" The officer said as the townsfolk flurried around Wallace and Gromit, who sat motionless in the middle of the chaos. "Where were Anti-Pesto?" "It's carnage out there! "It's ruined!" These were only a few of the complains Gromit managed to hear amidst the chaos. Once getting a good verbal lashing, Lady Tottington stood up for them, insisting that the people give them another chance. Victor, the bully from the Hall a few days ago, made a dramatic entrance into the building with a gunshot, stating that they were "tiny-minded buffoons, unable to catch such a big rabbit." It became clear to Gromit that though Victor was going after Lady Tottington for love, she did not feel the same, and it almost appeared that she, in fact, had feelings for Wallace, as she said the people should give them a second chance to make things right. They agreed, and Victor seemed unhealthily jealous as Tottington wished them luck in capturing the beast.

Gromit closed the door behind them after returning home from the town meeting. "What do we do, Gromit? Our name will be mud if we don't stop this thing soon," Wallace nervously said, pacing the living room. Gromit sat on a chair in thought, knitting away as Wallace stopped at the window, peering through the curtains to the outside at a few angry customers wanting their money back, gulping and yanking them shut. He turned back around to the dark room and sighed. "Where could this thing even have come from?" He looked to Gromit, who was watching him curiously. "It has come as punishment for growing large vegetables, are you serious?" He returned to pacing the room, mumbling under his breath. "I got it!" He exclaimed, causing Gromit to jump a bit. "A giant lady rabbit puppet! We can tie it to the top of the van to lure the creature and capture it!" He grinned and ran to the basement to throw together a blueprint.

That night, once construction was complete, the two attached the giant puppet to the top of the van, and took of towards the town.

Hours later, after controlling the puppet and to no avail, they began to head home, but a distracted Wallace went through a tunnel too low, and the puppet detached. Gromit was left to watch over the van as Wallace went to fetch it. Gromit grew concerned after a few minutes with no signs of Wallace. He honked. Nothing. Frustrated and tired, he drove home, figuring Wallace could do with a good walk.