|| N I N E ✶ The Dessert ||

When Octavia came out for the shower on wobbly legs, Caleb handed her a towel she quickly wrapped around herself

When Octavia came out for the shower on wobbly legs, Caleb handed her a towel she quickly wrapped around herself. Tonight was conflicting in so many ways. She didn't know how to handle the emotional whiplash.

Not holding back, she watched as he dried his incredible body, jealous of an inanimate object for the first time in her life. She wanted to be rubbed against every part of him like this.

As he slipped on his underwear and jeans, she was reminded she should get dressed, too. Her nose wrinkled with dislike when she fetched the red garment rolled into a pile on the floor. She really didn't want to put it back on. It was all sweaty and dirty, and thanks to Caleb's devotion, Octavia was now squeaky clean.

She was considering her jeans and turtleneck when Caleb proposed a much more tempting alternative. "I have gym clothes in my office, if you want."

Oh, yes. That sounded comfy, practical, and she just loved the opportunity of wearing something of his. She accepted his offer with a nod, and when he was done buttoning his shirt and tucking it into his pants, he gave her a quick peck before leaving the room.

After taking her phone from her almost empty locker, she sat on a bench to check her notifications. Her dad had sent her a few pics of their dinner, and while she was sure Louisa had done her best, she didn't envy the vegan meal at all. What Caleb had cooked had been, without a doubt, ten times better than her stepmother's weird tofu casserole.

As if on cue, her lover for the night came back and handed her a pair of black sweatpants and a dark blue T-shirt with a large Nike logo on it.

"There you go. I'll be in the break room, where Vixen probably feels abandoned," he said with humor.

He left her alone again, and she shoved her face in the fresh clothes, inhaling deeply. The smell of his detergent was so familiar, it brought her a sense of coziness.

Not bothering with underwear, she slipped the outfit on, rolling the hems of the pants up to adjust the length. Once her shoes were back on, she headed out, loving the sensation of Caleb's clothes over her naked skin. There was something erotic about it, and she couldn't wait for him to notice she wasn't wearing anything under what he'd generously lent her.

When she entered the break room, she found Caleb sitting on the green couch, reading something on his phone. Vixen lied right there with him, her head on his lap as he distractedly petted her.

Christmas songs were still playing on the radio, and the twinkling lights of the poor excuse of a tree were doing their best to spread a festive ambiance. The chocolate yule log was still on the table, and like a Christmas miracle, it looked highly edible despite them completely forgetting about it.

After grabbing two spoons from a drawer, Octavia fetched the dessert and went to the couch with it. It felt like the most natural thing in the world to snuggle against Caleb, which would have seemed impossible a couple of hours ago. When he welcomed her with yearning in the crook of his arm, with his strong arm wrapped around her shoulders, the sense of belonging became even greater.