Epilogue

Taylor walked with his hand in Cadon's as they made their way down the dimly lit hallway. They had taken a trip to the maximum security prison in the next town over. It was the only place that was strong enough to hold someone who could use magic. 

They'd had the police chief call ahead and get them clearance to speak with the exorcist, with guards present, of course. 

The man was in a small cell within a white room. He was in a prison jumpsuit, all of his previous beads and mystical items were gone. 

He looked up as the guards opened the door, then stepped in to either side, allowing himself and Cadon to walk in after them. 

"Ah, didn't think that I'd be seeing you two again so soon. What do I owe the pleasure?" the man said, clearly not worried about his current state of affairs. 

He hadn't physically harmed them at all, though there were definitely implications to what he had done. The guy wouldn't be getting off scot-free.

"Actually, I believe I can guess what you want. You know that my testimony is only what your parents have told me, so that would be useless to you both... but my skills? You want to keep your banshee friend in this world, correct?" 

Taylor quickly nodded, not one to beat around the bush. 

"I'm afraid that the only way that he can be permanently alive is for him to drain your blood from the inside-out while you're wearing that little pink ring. It's dangerous as hell, and if you aren't already in a hospital, with doctors waiting on you arm and leg, you'll die from it." 

The man pointed at the backpack Taylor still had hanging over his shoulder. 

"You should leave that creature be just as it is, boy. Your friend is extraordinarily lucky that his fusion with the wraith went so well, but a banshee? It's not possible."

Taylor was about to speak when Cadon stepped forward, a hint of something in his eyes that had him curious. 

"What about me?" 

The man frowned, confused. 

"What about you, boy?" he asked, clearly as confused as Taylor was. 

"I have a wraith already. What about adding a banshee?" 

Wait. 

"You—" 

What the heck could he say to that?

"You wanna die early, huh?" the older man said, clearly unimpressed by his idea. 

He was about to say something else when he stopped abruptly, then looked over to Taylor. 

"Let me see that ring, boy." 

Licking his lips nervously, Taylor made his way closer and unzipped his bag. He carefully took the ring from it, then after another moment of hesitation, handed it over. 

The exorcist lifted it up to the dim light so that he could look through the center. 

"You want to try it, boy? Maybe your brother can help save you." 

The ring seemed to shiver in response, making the exorcist make a humming sound as he thought for a moment, then replied. 

"The human might not survive, but you and your brother probably would. You would have a body."

Taylor felt his blood run cold as looked over to Cadon. He seemed cool and collected, but at the same time, he could tell that he was nervous. The fingers on his left hand were fiddling with one of the beltloops on his pants and he was blinking a little more than usual.