Episode 4 - A Pair

You left the Stacy residence after chatting with George about the heinous crimes that keep occurring in New York especially in Queens and Manhattan.

Some time later...

A silhouette of a crouching man can be seen outside the Gwen's house. The man was on a glider, hovering towards a window. He opened it and approached the blonde girl.

He took out an orange ball with a glowing green light for a center. It popped up two blades with curve shape designed to resemble a bat's wings. He tilted his head as he aims to the blonde.

Gwen's spider senses kicked in and immediately woken up. She gasped and was panting loudly. Gwen pulled her web shooter under pillow and looked around but saw no one. The young heroine wiped her sweat and took a sigh of relief before heading back to sleep.

The mysterious man was on the ceiling more silent than a shadow. He hovered down and saw the glow of the serum, he took it to inspect. He was about to proceed with the assassination but sensed a man walking up the stairs. This caused him to go out of the window and escape.

George opened the door to Gwen's room.

"I swear I heard something." He said, observing the place.

Seeing the window opened, hearing the loud rustles of the leaves outside he went in her daughter's room and closed the window. The father raised the blanket to Gwen's shoulders and kissed her cheek. The care of her father is the fourth leaf of Gwen's clover.

The next day

It was just another normal day at school. It was PE class. You watch the jocks do warm ups and play their balls.

You were envious on how athletic they are, of their agility, how they handle balls, you wanted to play with them but you knew you'd just be dead weight to the team. Heck, you don't even know the rules of the game.

Having no choice, you sit on the bench and watch them. You saw Gwen, she was really agile. You watch her play almost too perfect. You admire her from a distance, not only that she's really athletic but also has the wit... And quite the popularity.

You saw your classmates grouping around her after their game, showering her with compliments. You thought to yourself "She deserved it all" Everything around your vision was a blur. Your focus was on to her and her only, so focused you started to see her pheromones dragging you in. Never forgetting what she has done for you, the day she pulled you out from the hell within a man.

She glanced at you and gave the brightest smile. The other girls around her noticed this and talked bad things about you, the rest laughed but not Ms. Stacy, Gwen defended you and lectured the girl that caused everyone to laugh at the one who talked crap about you.

..though..

She has too many things in her baggage, you there with her... you knew that she has no time for romance. But at least you are her best friend.. the closest one.. but you think that is you'll ever going to be..

Narrator: (looks at title) "Yeah, what a load of crap"

You saw a teacher and an unfamiliar student walking into court. The principal appeared from another entrance and called his employee. The teacher talked to the student and nodded in response before rushing to the principal.

You went back to watching Gwen's graceful moves.

"Who are you eyeing at? She your crush?" The unfamiliar girl said as she sits next to you.

"N-No? May I know who's asking?" You questioned her question.

"I'm Mary Jane, I-I just transferred." She pointed her thumb behind her "That teacher was giving me a tour."