Meeting Ashton

You're at a party where everyone is drunk but you meet a sober Ashton

I cringed as yet another bottle was knocked out of someone's hand, shattering and making a mess. I quickly rose from the couch and tried to exit the room, avoiding any fights that were bound to start soon. I managed my way out of the crowded area and into the hallway. Too many couples were showing excessive PDA. Muttering to myself, I slipped outside to the backyard and sat in the corner. It seemed that there wasn't a single quiet spot in the whole party, because I soon got up from that spot as well. I let out a few swear words under my breath. It seemed that there was chaos in every corner. As I watched the fight I had predicted finally emerge, I slowly backed away. I kept going and increasing my pace until I bumped into something- someone. They let out a small grunt and I turned to face them. It was a boy, a tall one, probably drunk like everybody else, and I had just spilled his drink all over him. My face burned red as I stammered an apology.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I'm can be such a clutz." I awkwardly fiddled with my words. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

I feared of what he might do. But instead of reaching out to hit me he murmed "Yeah, it's cool Whatever." I was still anticipating a punch. All he did was pick up his can and begin to  walk away. Still feeling guilty, I called out to him.

"Wait!" He turned back to me and furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you want me to go get you a towel from inside?" He gave me a look as if I were from another planet.

"Go back in there? You must be out of your mind." He wiped some soda off of his cheek. "Unless you want to lose a limb, then be my guest," he continued. I laughed lightly. 

"You're probably right," I said. "But I feel bad, I don't mind doing it." I assured him. He waved it off.

"It's fine. It's just some soda. I'll probably get out of here soon anyways." After that he walked away for a second and came back holding two cans of sprite. He handed one to me and lead me to a bench where we sat down. He poped open his can and clanked it against mine. 

"Cheers to being the only two sober people at this whole thing."

"Amen," I agreed. We both leaned back against the wall. "You don't drink?" I questioned. He shrugged a bit.

"I guess it's not for me. And after watching how stupid these people can be, I'm very glad about that." I nodded in response. "I can't even imagine picking up a beer anymore. What about you?"

"Same I guess," I said with a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Seems like it."

"Yeah, me too," he sighed. "Everyone here is so fucki-" he cut himself out and his eyes popped out a bit. He mumbled an I'm sorry but I stopped him.

"Come on, watch your language, bitch!" I teased. He laughed, and once I heard his five year old sounding giggle I couldn't contain myself. "You have a funny laugh," I said while mocking his small giggle. He laughed again and pretended to pout.

"Hey, that's not fair! I try to be a gentleman, and in return I get bullied?" He was biting his lip to avoid laughing. I found myself doing the same.

"Sorry to hurt your vibe, Prince Charming." He slyly smiled at that remark.

"Prince Charming?" He asked with a wink. "That's funny. Most people just call me Ashton."