Chapter one: Torture and memories

The morning sun shone in my eyes, "come on Marianne! You have a busy day ahead of you!" I pulled a pillow over my face to feel pillows getting whipped at me.

Andrew and Matt...

I covered my face with the pillow as I got out of bed, Andrew and Matt were still throwing pillows at me.

"Come on Cinderella..." Matt teased rudely.

"You don't wanna end up like Rose now, do you?" Rose, our cousin. Her and I were really close— one day, Rose didn't wanna listen to Aunt Siena and then she... killed her. Aunt Siena is in jail so thank goodness for that.

Andrew and Matt ran down the stairs, throwing pillows at one another. I dressed in the maid outfit that Mother got me 2 years ago, tying my hair into two ponytails that hung at the front of my auburn hair.

I walked down the stairway, "Marianne, there you are! There is still vacuuming and dishes to get done." I pulled out the vacuum and started vacuuming the floor, back and forth... back and forth... back and forth

"Marianne, you missed a spot." Andrew said as he moved his chair to reveal breadcrumbs all over the floor. I went back and forth with the vacuum. I started scrubbing the dishes and putting them in their proper spots.

The memory of Rose helping me with the dishes 3 years ago filled my mind... Aunt Siena went to Lost Angeles for one whole month so Rose was sent to sleep over with us. "Hey Mari, do you believin' Fairytales?" Rose asked as she dried the dishes.

"No." I said as I scrubbed a plate. Rose was always helping me with dishes when Mother would yell at me to do dishes...

I covered my hands over my face, tears slipped down my face like the way it was after it was done raining. Her sweet voice was in my mind. "It's okay," her voice said in my mind as she hugged me.

"I am forever in your heart."