Part 23

I woke up to Kate nudging me awake, I groaned and covered my face with the duvet a chuckle escaping past Kate's lips.

"Aw someone's tired" Kate teased.

I huffed throwing the duvet off of me, I instantly regretted it the sun hitting my face causing me to squint.

I eventually sat up my eyes wandering across the room to see our clothes splayed out across the floor. I smiled the images of last night running through my brain.

"Good morning" I said fighting off a yawn.

"Good morning" Kate replied.

She picked my clothes up off the floor tossing them at me.

"You should probably get dressed otherwise we'll never be leaving this bedroom" Kate said.

I laughed shaking my ear at her before slipping my clothes back on.

"There I'm dressed, now you'll be able to resist me" I joked.

Kate rolled her eyes at me and sat down at her desk. I stood up walking over to her.

"What are we?" I asked.

Kate sighed running her hands over her face.

"I don't know but we're definitely more than friends" Kate said.

"Yeah friends don't really have sex" I chuckled.

"I mean we don't have to put labels on it" Kate suggested.

"Yeah ok, just don't fuck anyone else ok" I said.

Kate giggled and nodded her head.

"Don't worry I'm all yours" Kate replied.

I smiled down at her and grabbed my phone from off the the desk. I scrolled to Clint's contact.

"Trying again to call him?" Kate asked.

"Yeah hopefully he answers this time" I said.

I called Clint and waited a few seconds for him to reply.

"Hey" Clint greeted.

"Hey, thank god you answered" I chuckled.

"I was just about to head out what's up?" He asked.

"Well, you know that assassin that was after us last night" I said.

I could practically hear Clint face palm.

"Yes Y/n, I vividly remember the woman who was trying to murder us last night" Clint said.

"Well that woman is Yelena, Nat's sister Yelena" I said.

Clint fell silent, I looked over to Kate who furrowed her brows also waiting for Clint to answer.

"Why is she after me?" Clint asked, he sounded nervous.

"She thinks you killed Natasha" I sighed running my hand over my hair pushing it back.

"I didn't kill her" Clint stated.

"I know but for some reason Yelena thinks that" I said.

Clint fell silent again taking a few seconds before answering.

"I have to go Y/n but promise me something ok" Clint said.

"Yeah anything" I said.

"Don't get involved, I'm going to deal with this myself I got myself into this mess and I'm getting myself out of this. I'll sort this shit out ok Yelena, Maya all of it I'll deal with it. I'm not putting you in danger again, you may be a hero Y/n but you're also my daughter and I can't let you get hurt ok" Clint said.

I opened my mouth to inject but Clint hung up. I sighed stuffing my phone into my pocket.

"Isn't letting you tag along huh?" Kate asked.

"Looks like we've both been benched" I sighed.

I sat down on the edge of the bed staring down at the floor. I didn't want to be benched I wanted to do something I needed to do something. I need to talk to Yelena I need to stop her.

Kate could tell my mind was reeling, she let out a sigh. She stood up walking over to stand in front of me. She hooked her finger underneath my chin tilting my head up to look at her.

"I know you want to help him, I do to but I don't want you getting hurt" Kate sighed.

"I can handle myself" I scoffed.

"I'm not saying you can't but this is too complicated it's messy, something big is brewing and I don't want to see you in the middle of it" Kate sighed.

"I'll be fine, my dad needs my help even if he doesn't want to admit it" I said.

Kate exhaled her thumb grazing over the cuts on my chin.

"I promise you I'll be ok" I assured her.

"What if something happens, I've grown quite attached to you ya know" Kate said a small smile appearing on her face.

"I'm not going anywhere" I said wrapping my arms around her waist pulling me down on top of me.

"What do we do after all of this blows over?" Kate asked, "what do we do about us?"

I sighed resting my forehead against hers.

"I don't know, but I promise you ok we'll figure something out. I'm not just going to give up on us" I said.

"Pinky promise" Kate said extending out her pinky figure.

I chuckled lightly at her child like manner, I extended my hand linking it with hers and pressing a kiss on it with my lips.

"I promise" I repeated.