Part 29

We rushed to the ice rink where Clint had landed, he was sprawled out across the ice clutching his stomach.

"I told you I could get down myself!" Clint grunted.

"I doubt it" I chuckled.

Clint rolled his eyes and I extended my hand lifting him up. He let out a small grunt as he stood up straight. Shouts immediately broke the silence and we all spun around seeing the tracksuit mafia surrounding us.

"Well this will be fun" I sighed.

I pulled my knives out twirling them in my fingers. Kate drawer her bow and so did my dad.

"Make sure to cover me" I said.

"Try not to get yourself killed Y/n" Clint said.

"I'll do my best dad" I chuckled.

They all began to circle us, different weapons being wielded. I group of men began charging towards us, Clint took quick action I getting rid of them. He fired an ice arrow freezing there lower body so they couldn't move.

A man swung at me from behind, I quickly ducked avoiding the blow just in time. I plowed my foot into his stomach knocking him back causing him to crash into his friends. Kate then shooting a putty arrow at the group securing them onto the ice.

I continued to focus on the people closest to us whilst Clint and Kate took out the rest of them before they could get too close.

I gripped one of the men by the shoulders stabbing my knife into his stomach and shoving him down on the ice his blood leaking out causing the once white ice to stain red.

"I have an idea!" Kate shouted out.

I stabbed the man I front of me in the shoulder causing him to help out in pain, before yanking my knife out and shoving him backwards.

"What is it?" I called out.

I glanced back to see Kate pull out one of the red labeled arrows. One deemed too dangerous by my dad. Kate looked over at Clint for approval which he granted with a small nod. A smirk grew on Kate's face as she turned to the final remaining tracksuits which were gathered in a herd.

She shot the arrow at them before sprinting away. I ran too not looking back to see the huge explosion, doesn't mean I couldn't feel it. The shock wave hit me launching me into the air. I crashed against the wall of the ice rink.

"Fuck!" I cursed feeling pain course through my body.

This would leave a mark, also I'm ninety percent sure majority of my ribs are now broken.

Kate rushed over towards me trying not to slip on the ice, she ducked down sliding across the ice stopping in front of me. Her hands cupping my face as her eyes scanned my body for injuries.

"Oh my god, are you ok?" Kate asked her voice shaking.

"Yeah I'm ok" I grunted slowly standing up.

I gritted my teeth as pain shot through my ribs. I gasped grabbing my ribs.

"Stop, you're going to make it worse" She said holding me down by my shoulders.

"No no its fine Kate" I grunted.

She shook her head at me in disagreement. I heard Clint shout something out, I glanced over Kate's shoulder to see Yelena standing up on the stairs, looking down at Clint. Her face contorted with a mixture of anger and grief.

"You need to get out of here and go find your mom" I said.

"No I can't leave you" She said.

Kate stroked her thumb along my cheek.

"Yes you can, you need to go" I said.

Kate nodded, she grabbed my face colliding our lips together. She kissed me with such passion as if she was scared it was our last time. She pulled away worry painted on her face.

"I'll be ok, I promise" I whispered.

Kate nodded pressing one last kiss on my lips before running off. Clint was busy fighting off Yelena who wasn't listening to his reasoning. She wouldn't even bother to hear him out. She was set on what she was doing, she was set on Clint being a murder.

I suppose it is easier to have someone to blame, it's easier to blame someone for your hurt rather than accept that Natasha chose this. She chose to sacrifice herself and Yelena didn't want to hear that.

I sucked in a deep breath gathering all my energy up, I let out a groan as I slowly stood up. Pain shooting through my body as I stood up.

I limped towards the fight, I needed to stop this. I can't lose Clint not again and this time he really would be gone. One forever and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't put an end to this.

"Yelena!" I shouted out.

"I told you to stay out of this!" Yelena shouted.

She struck Clint in the head causing my father to fall to the ground. Clint shuffled his way on the ice moving further and further away from Yelena who held a gun to his head.

I acted on instinct jumping in front of him to block the shot. Tears where streaming down Yelena's face.

"Move!" She screamed.

I took in a deep breath and shook my head staying put.

"I can't do that Yelena" I sighed.

She adjusted the gun in her hands as they shook lightly.

"You have to believe me Yelena" Clint spoke.

"You're lying!" Yelena shouted out.

Clint sighed before he realised the one thing which he could do to convince Yelena. The whistle, Natasha and her sister have a whistle which only them and Clint and I know about. Natasha used to tell us all about her and Yelena's secret way of communicating.

Yelena heard the whistle and froze.

"How, how'd you know that" Yelena stammered.

I slowly lowered myself down so she could see Clint but still there to stand in front of him so she wouldn't shoot.

"Natasha talked about you all the time" Clint said.

A look of realisation hit Yelena's face, she knew that Clint loved Natasha just like she did.

"I loved Natasha" Clint sighed.

"Me too, but why didn't you try harder to stop her" Yelena sobbed.

"It's Natasha she's stubborn" Clint said.

Yelena chuckled lightly wiping away the tears, she lowered her gun her hand still shaking. She reached her hand down helping me up before walking over to Clint. She lowered her hand for Clint to take, he gave her a small smile and took it holding her hand for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry" Yelena said.

Clint shook his head letting her know he understood.

She helped Clint up giving him a small nod before turning towards me.

"Nice meeting you Y/n Barton" Yelena said with a small smile.

"Goodbye Yelena" I replied.

She gave me a small smile and walked off not looking back. I sighed looking over at Clint who was kneeling on the ice looking down at his hands.

"In a weird way I'll miss her" I chuckled slowly standing up very grateful the pain has begun to subside.

"Yeah I do wish we met her on much nicer terms" I chuckled.

"Me too" Clint laughed standing up helping me up with him.

I let out a small grunt as Clint and I exited the rink.

"We should go and get you checked out" Clint chuckled.

"Probably I think I might've broken something" I chuckled.