Chapter Twenty-Seven: Daily Water Intake.

Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Daily Water Intake."

THERE'S A MAN in my bed.

That was the first thought to come to smy head on Sunday morning, one day before classes started again tomorrow. One day before my reading week was officially over and I resented it, wishing I could go back to last Sunday in a heartbeat.

Keeping my eyes closed, my hand shot out horizontally. I was met with only the fabric of my comforter. Cracking open an eye, my thoughts were confirmed.

Jesus Christ, there was a man in my bed.

Where Aven had laid just last night was replaced by my comforter neatly placed with a pillow up against the headboard. On the comforter laid my phone which somehow had been plugged in, my long charger wire running off the bed. In my hazy state, I reached for the device which almost fell out of my hands and onto my face when I saw the latest text message.

Aven: had to head out to early morning gym with Iman but check your desk and i'll see you later tonight.

Aven: also, you drool, did you know that?

Tonight.

I shot up from my bed, ignoring the slight embarrassment coursing through me at the fact that he knew that I drooled. Of course, I knew that. I wanted to say even if the question was rhetoric but I was seeing Aven again. Again.

Wait.

"Check your desk?" I mumbled, my eyes darted up to see a package on the table. It must have been in his bag when he had arrived.

"He didn't..." My voice trailed off as I got out of bed, scrambling to the orange package. A delivery package. His address was on the stamp, but he said 'check your desk'. He left the package for me. What was inside was for me.

"He didn't, he didn't, he didn't," The disbelief coated my voice, repeating the words as I opened the package with my hands, ripping through the paper, the bubble wrap, tossing all over my shoulders before taking out the fabric inside. My eyes widened at the present before me and a small laugh left my lips.

"He did," I all but squealed, tossing the packaging behind me as I held the shirt up by the shoulders. Black and orange with a picture of my favourite artist right at the center with his name above his face and various items surrounding him. Limited edition. "No fucking way."

I can't believe he...I jumped over one of my sweaters lying on the ground, hopping onto my bed to get a full-sized view of myself in my full body mirror in the corner of the room. Holding the shirt up in front of me, I didn't realize I was nodding to myself, my smile splitting my face, "Holy shit, he did."

Instantly, I felt the need to tell someone. I bolted out of my bedroom, finding Larine in the bathroom brushing her teeth. Her midnight blue eyes went wide at the sight of me so early in the morning. I knew she didn't expect to see me until at least noon.

"What?" She asked, trying not the let foam fall from her mouth.

"Aven slept over."

"What?" Foam dripped out of her mouth as she rushed forward and we both grimaced leading to me making a face and her giving me a sheepish smile in the midst of her excitement. She was quick to spit the foam out of her mouth before running back over to me, her blonde hair escaping from her ponytail. Her voice dropped to a whisper, "Is he still here?"

"No, no. He left at 6 to go to the gym with Iman."

"And you both stayed in your room?" She used her hands a lot, moving them with each word. "Slept in the same bed?"