🐺CHAPTER ONE🐺

Beacon Hills, California-2003

The day Angelica Finstock has been dreading is finally here. The first day of sophomore year, not only confirms her summer break is over, but she now has to interact with people, other than her family and the small handful of friends she has. Bobby Finstock stands at the bottom of the stairs and is starting to get frustrated with his daughter. "Angelica Finstock if you make me come upstairs you'll be walking to school yourself!" He shouts.

That got her up instantly. She checked the time on her alarm clock, seeing she only had an hour to get ready. "I'm awake!" She shouted to her dad so he knew she was up. She didn't need to worry about having a shower, as she had one the night before. After brushing her teeth, she opens the door to her wardrobe resulting in a bunch of clothes falling out and landing in a heap around her feet. She sighs frustratedly, knowing it's going to take forever to find a nice outfit to wear to school. "Need to tell Dad to clean that." She itches her head.

After fifteen minutes, Angel has successfully found herself a cute outfit for school. She tiredly walks over to her makeup table doing her eyebrows, concealer, mascara and highlighter. Angel doesn't wear much make-up, because she's confident in herself and knows loads of it is unnecessary. Rushing downstairs, she grabs a bowl from the cupboard filling it up with golden nuggets. Across the room she sees her dad packing his new coaching equipment, for the basketball team.

"You know Angel, you should join the team this year," Bobby said starting a conversation with his daughter, seeing that she's now downstairs. "Dad, you know I would love to but, I don't have any spare time," Angel replies making herself look ridiculous, knowing she had all the time in the world. "Oh yeah, I'm sure Derek takes up all your time," Bobby states turning his head to look at Angel. "Why do you always bring him up?" Angel asks, getting annoyed. "Because you are in love with him. Deny it all you want you'll figure it out soon enough." Bobby answers.

"I don't need to figure anything out, Dad, because I'm not in love with him, he's my friend and my friend only. And how many times do I have to tell you, I like girls." Angel replies getting agitated. "What do you do when he's at practice, huh?" Bobby asked. "You really wanna know what I do when Dereks at practice?" She asked, Bobby nodded his head wanting to know more about what his daughter likes. "Well, I like going to the music room to play piano, I also like writing my own songs." The fifteen-year-old shrugs.

"You like writing your own songs. And play the piano, what and do you just sit in there alone." Bobby questions her further. "Yes Dad, I like writing my own songs and playing piano. And I like being in there alone, gets me away from your loud, annoying voice." She says trying to sound serious but a laugh escapes her lips. Bobby quickly stands straight looking at his daughter offended "What, I am not annoying if anyone in this family is annoying it's your sister." He scoffs. "Hey, I heard that, not cool daddy. If anything you the annoying one, everyone can agree." Snow Finstock says coming downstairs in her princess dress.

Angel gives her little sister a sly smile. "Snow do you hear something, sounds like an annoying dad?" Angel asks. The younger girl looks at her sister with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Yeah, I do it's kinda giving me a headache wish it would just go already." She says playing along, knowing it will annoy their dad. Knowing they're trying to annoy him he also plays along, "Yeah I wish the 'annoying' dads children would start being nice. Because, it's time for him to leave now and it would be such a shame if he were to 'accidentally', leave his daughters at home so they'd have to walk to school and be late." He smiles smugly.

"You wouldn't." Angel challenges her dad "Oh I would, wanna bet?" He says while walking towards the door to leave. "Wait, don't leave without us." She shouts towards him, putting her empty bowl in the sink, grabs her bag and runs after her dad. When Angel gets to the car door she's surprised to see her dad has actually locked it "Dad I'm joking, let me in. Please?" Angel pleads tapping on the window "Not until you say I'm the world's best father." Angel hears someone laugh, and turns her head, to find her sister walking up to them.