🐺CHAPTER THREE🐺

Walking into the music room Derek turns to see a bright smile on Angel's face "You really like music, don't you." Angel hears Derek say bringing her out of her thoughts. "Yeah, I didn't have the time to do it at all over break as I was busy with Dad and Snow. But I am really confused why you are in this class as you don't know anything about music." Angel looks at him. An offended look crosses Derek's face.

"Well I'm sorry not everyone can be musically gifted unlike you Ang." Angel looks at Derek with an incredulous look. "Oh, I'm ever so sorry that I actually get off my lazy ass and learn how to do stuff. You're stupid, you get everyone to do everything for you, that's why I always beat you at sparing sessions." She rebuked. Interrupting the conversation Mr King welcomes the class "Ok everyone, it's nice to see you all again this year. I hope you all had a wonderful break but, if you can keep it down as it's time for school." The man shouts over the class.

"Now I would like you all to partner up preferably with someone who plays the same instrument as you. But, if you're a singer you can go with anyone." He tells the class the instructions. Everyone's eyes are on Angel after Mr King's instructions. Everyone knows that Angel is the best songwriter in the class, and would like to work with her. "Uhhh, sorry to burst your bubbles, everyone. But, I'm working with Derek. He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. He's a really good singer, and I thought I'd show him how what we do in the lesson." Angel says letting everyone down gently.

Soon, everyone had pairs and was getting on with the task Mr King had set. "Alright, so what are we doing? I'm really lost so, if you would stop what you're doing, Angel and tell me that would be pretty nice." Derek says in confusion. "Well if you listened to sir you would know wouldn't you," Angel says teasingly while turning to look at Derek. "But we're making a duet, that has to be finished by the end of the semester. If we don't get it done in time we won't get a grade." She says. "Oh but I can't write songs, you know that so if this is bad it's gonna be your fault." Derek wines.

"Alright I don't care I'll write it myself but you still have to sing in it." The brunette points at him. "Bu-" Derek starts but gets cut off. "Before you say you can't sing I know you can I hear you in the car." Angel interrupts Derek. "Alright, but you're the only one who knows I sing." Angel knows he's lying so she gives him a look. "Alright so maybe both are families know as well." He shrugs. "Don't forget Cole and Katie. Remember, we all jam out in the car. Even tho you don't try your best, you still sound good." Angel says while getting the sheets ready missing the light blush that's made its way into Derek's cheeks.

So what do you think I should do," Angel says from behind Derek scaring him a little making her chuckle. "What should you do? I don't know you tell me." Derek answers confused. "Were you not listening to me in Harris' class you douche." She says pushing him slightly. Earning herself an exasperated look "I did listen I'll have you know, I've just forgotten. But, please enlighten me, tell me what you need help figuring out in that little head of yours." Derek scoffs, pointing to her head.

"Well basically, I had just finished a dance in the studio when suddenly I heard clapping, yeah. I turn around to see Miley. She started talking to me, for some reason and asked if I would join the dance team. But, I'm not sure if I should. What do you think I should do?" Angel questions Derek. "Well, If I was you I'd do what makes me happy. Even if coach would be devastated. You know he wants you on the basketball team, just like the rest of us." Derek tells her honestly. "Wow, you should become an inspirational talker." Angel says sarcastically.

"You'd move some people's hearts with a speech like that Hale." Angel jokes. "Haha very funny. I'm trying to help you, and you're making fun of me. That's not nice Ang, go and ask Katie for help or something." He says his Hale scowl taking over his face. "Calm down, you overgrown puppy. Let's get on with this it's the last lesson of the day." Angel tells him. "Hey! I'm not an overgrown puppy, I'm a big bad wolf." Derek tells her trying to be intimating but the small smile on his lips fails him.