eleven | main mission

-ELEVEN-

The furious huntress lunged at her former friend, pinning him to the ground with her staff pressed to his throat. The only things stopping her from crushing his windpipe were Clint's hands on either ends of the staff, keeping it hovering mere inches above his neck. 

"You betray me," She snarled, "At such a high level," The silver staff pressed itself against his palms with more force, "And all you say is 'Hi'? No apology, no announcement, merely 'Hi'? As though you did nothing wrong?" 

"Let...me...explain--" The Avenger wheezed, pushing the staff back. 

"You have only one minute to explain." She hissed, getting off him. She leaned her elbow on the counter and clasped her hands together. "By all means, go ahead. I'm all ears." 

"Look, I'm really, really sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it at all. I also really need you to come with me. I need your help." 

"First of all, that is the world's shittiest apology I have ever heard. Second of all, how do I know you're not going to stab me in the back again?" Ophelia unclasped her hands and stood straight, (though she wasn't so.) pulling her hair out of its tight ponytail and nonchalantly flicked the rubber band towards the Avenger's forehead. It met its target with a sharp 'snap', making him groan and hold where the band made its impact. 

"Okay," He rubbed on the spot gently, "I guess I deserved that." 

"You did deserve that. Now, we aren't on completely cool terms, understand?" She raised an eyebrow, picking up the rubber band and tying her hair up in a high ponytail once more. "Is Kate coming, too?" 

"I think she's left me a hundred messages, but yeah. She's coming, too." 

"Good. That's my reason for accompanying you. I still despise you, though." Ophelia walked past him, going back to her room. 

She opened her cupboard, and pulled out her sister's old leather jacket. Despite its old state, the jacket still looked relatively new. Under it, she wore a loose white t-shirt, and her best pair of ripped jeans. She grabbed her signature pair of thick three-inch heel boots and slipped them on. She admired herself in the mirror for a moment and went back out, "Ready. Let's go." 

"You shouldn't wear that."

"Did I ask for your opinion?" 

"No..." 

"Precisely. And it isn't required at the moment. Even if it was, I wouldn't take it from you. You are most certainly in no position to comment about me. Do I make myself abundantly clear when I say do NOT think we're on good terms?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Perfect. Now that our priorities have been set straight, let's go, shall we?"

--Time Skip--

"Hi, Felita." Kate grinned awkwardly as she saw the older woman sat at Grills' table, coffee in hand, as usual. The huntress simply grinned and sipped on her coffee, winking at the young woman.

The archer blushed subtly, and sat down, snatching Ophelia's coffee and taking a sip from it, claiming it as her own. The men's eyes went wide at how easily the huntress allowed her coffee to be taken away from her, but realised their error when Grills tried taking her sandwich away, only to be viciously growled at.