twelve | the party

-TWELVE-

Ophelia stood at a small table, her pale, ringed fingers gripping the stem of a wine glass.

"I don't see my mom yet." Kate spoke into the comms.

Ophelia replied, "Me neither."

Like Kate, the huntress owned two suits, one black, another dark blue.

An hour earlier, Kate and Clint both insisted that the huntress should wear a suit. She didn't regret listening to that opinion at all.

The black fabric rustled almost inaudibly as she placed her hands in her pockets. Her hair wasn't tightly tied up, instead it cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, bouncing a bit as she walked.

"Good god, I can feel myself breaking out into hives at the sheer number of snobs here." She admitted, looking around subtly.

"Calm down, Ophelia," Kate rolled her eyes, "Let's not forget, I'm one of these snobs, as you put it."

"I was only joking, love." An airy chuckle escaped the huntress' lightly glossed lips, as her silver eyes darted around, taking in the crowd.

"Why don't you tell me what you two do see? Insted of bickering like a married couple?" Clint's voice broke through the slight static of their comms.

"We've got assets all over the party." Ophelia replied, looking at each of the LARPers, who were conveniently disguised as waiters. She caught their eye, and nodded subtly, an action which they mimicked to show they were in position.

"Any threats?" Asked the Avenger.

"That's Gary. He fired me from one of the only jobs I ever had." Kate caught Ophelia's observant gaze and turned her head towards one large man talking to a waiter.

"Well, he certainly isn't dressed properly for the occasion." The brunette chucked.

"Wow. Jack's out of jail already. Nothing phases that guy." The younger woman's voice was filled with distaste upon seeing her mother's former fiancé talking to man named Chip.

"So Jack wielding a sword, just out of jail for allegedly murdering somebody with one." Clint replied, walking around the party again, scouring for Eleanor.

"Maybe it's his way of proving that he really is innocent?" Asked Kate.

"It's rather odd as a declaration, but sure it works as an explanation." Ophelia replied.

"Do you see her?" Asked Kate into comms.

"I found her." Ophelia nodded towards the trance, through which Eleanor entered.

The Bishop woman saw the huntress and walked over to converse. "Hi. You're Ophelia, aren't you?"

"Good evening, Miss Bishop. Might I say, you look simply ravishing tonight." Ophelia took Eleanor's hand and shook it firmly.

"I could say the same for you." Nodded Eleanor, a tight smile stretching her lips.

"Mom, come with me." Kate interrupted the mildly pleasant exchange, taking her mother with her, "Felita, come on."

Ophelia blushed at the nickname leaving the other woman's lips, but nevertheless regained composure within minutes and followed the two other women to the downstairs basement.