Main Intezar Mein Hoon

Tajub hota hai jiss nazakat se ye lehar chu jati hai
yakeen nahi hota kabhi inhone kashtiyan doobayi hongi......

I was feeling the breeze that passed through me, fresh, cool, and filled with the fragrance of loneliness. All my tiredness, all my stress and all my overthinking get a pause here.

We all have a low side, that is best known to us, that is the real us, the vulnerable us. I know I pretend to be happy and all engaged but whenever evening arrives I just put off the mask and walk along the waves and let my feet sink in the moist sand.

" Even if you have gone far from me, Oh beloved I am holding on to your memories! My love, you can't bid me a Goodbye "

Penning down the lines in my ' snap book ' I looked at the sky. It was now twinkling with stars covered by dark clouds and sun; maybe it melted long back to let the moonshine, gloomy yet to shine. The waves were rising, the grief they carry the loneliness they cage is visible at night when the seashore is all lost in the moonlight. They feel free to show their turmoil to show their pride.

I returned from my overthinking session and collecting my sandals I searched for the path back to home. I entered with spare keys and a lady was settling the food. She is Madhavi Tai not a cook but someone whose love I cherished since she entered my life and some bonds are unnamed yet strong.

" Nisha has called you Avni! She wants to talk to you regarding something " said Madhavi Tai with a small smile.

But I went in the lane of thoughts of Nisha; or more precisely Someone connected to Nisha.

Nisha my old friend. We shared teenage together in Jaipur. My father shifted to Jaipur when I was 19 due to transfer in his post. It was that I and Nisha met in the library of our college. She forwarded her hand for friendship and I couldn't deny it. We both gelled up together quite well and when we became best friends was still unknown to us.

It was one evening when I went to Nisha's house as we were neighbors too. Three house difference and we were close enough. I was ascending the stairs as Nisha was on the terrace when someone collided with me. I balanced myself by holding the railing and looked beside to see a pair of hazel brown eyes, a perfect sculptured nose, and lips carrying a mild smile; contagious I must say.

" Are! Dekh ke Chaliye Abhi aap gir jati to? " he said and I think I heard the husky voice that created a rush in the pit of my stomach.

He smiled and walked past me but the wind that crossed me smelled like him. Fresh, descent, and charming. He went and I looked at his back, broad shoulders, and tall personality. For no reason I smiled and putting the locks of my hair back, I went to meet Nisha.

Nisha was standing folding her arms to her chest and raising her eyebrows, I too raised my eyebrows asking 'What?'

" Madam! will you tell me the reason for your smile," she asked and in response, I felt nervous cause I wasn't knowing that I was smiling.

" Nothing, So tell me what you are going to do this Makar Sankranti? " I asked and she explained a whole long list of sweets she was going to eat and gain weight which she already has.

" And what about Patang? " I asked out of curiosity. She looked at me as if I had grown guava on my head.

" That's Neil's business he is a patangbazz, not me." She said and I wondered who this Neil is.

" Kon Neil? " I asked and she replied " my younger brother "

" Oh.. " was all I said. We chatted and laughed for a few hours then I returned back to my home.