Potters and Evans

"We are here! Come on!" Lily said contently when the train stopped. James nodded, smiling slightly at her because he didn't want to get out of character so much. He had never seen Snape smile anyway. He grabbed her bag for her and she sighed, shaking her head. "I've told you several times I don't need you to go around carrying my bags" she said, but he shrugged.

"They are heavy" he said simply, and she sighed, accepting the help with a smile. The two walked out of the cabin and went right out to the station. She was happy, jumping around, looking for her parents. When she saw them, she giggled and pulled James with her by his - or Snape's - clothes, taking him to her parents. Mister Evans smiled, hugging his younger daughter tightly.

"Hello princess. I'm so glad you're back!" he said, kissing her head before looking at James - or Snape, in their perspective - and smiling as well as the ginger girl hugged her mother. "Severus. I'm glad your parents let you spend Christmas with us. Here, let me take those bags. They seem heavy" he said, but James shook his head.

"I'm fine Mr. Evans. Thank you" he said with a small smile, both for his nervousness and also because he thought Snape might smile at that. He wasn't sure. Mr. Evans, however, seemed to realise something.

"Look! The boy seems a bit more excited this time around! Come on kids, lets go" he said, and the two nodded, following Lily's parents. Just before the two could go through the wall, they heard someone calling Lily. It was Snape in his body. He seemed to be desperate. Lily frowned and rolled her eyes, holding James' wrist and tugging him on.

"Ignore him. Potter just wants to annoy us" she said, going through the passage and walking right to her parent's... vehicle? James had never seen one of those before, but he just ignored his confusion, getting inside and looking at Lily. She smiled back at him and held his hand.

Those would be the best weeks of his life.

When Severus saw the two of them walking away, he got desperate. He called Lily and she turned to him, but seemed to ignore his call. Maybe if he wasn't on Potter's body! Severus tried to rush after them, but was stopped by someone in front of him. When he looked up, it was a man that looked very much alike Potter himself. Same hair, same glasses, and especially, same smirk.

"Son!" he said contently, and Severus felt the bile coming up to his mouth. When the man hugged him, he felt the intense need to push him away, but he knew that wouldn't work. There was no way he could go home without his wand or without Lily's parents. It was better to just accept that he had lost. Potter had won. And now, he was screwed. "Hey, what's with the sad face? Aren't you happy to see your parents?"

"Fleamont! Don't be so mean! Didn't you see who just passed by?" a woman - who Severus presumed to be Potter's mother - said with a kind smile, and then winked to him. "Lily Evans was leaving with her parents. Maybe he wanted to say goodbye"

"Oh, sorry son" Mr. Potter said, smiling down at him and ruffling his hair. Severus looked at Potter's mother and nodded slowly, trying to act casual.

"Yeah, it's okay. She wouldn't give me any attention anyway" he shrugged, and the two looked at each other with surprised faces.

"So... You gave up on the girl?" Mrs. Potter asked, looking down at her son as if he had grown another head. Severus was feeling way too uncomfortable on that situation.

"I didn't give up. But what chance do I have? She never leaves her best friend's side" he said, wondering if the two knew about him and Lily. Mr. Potter chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't worry son. If you really want, you'll have her one day. Just remember to be a gentleman and respect her completely" he said, and Mrs. Potter nodded with a smile.

"Indeed. Now, let's go. Dinner awaits. I made your favourite" she said contently, and with a shaky sigh, Severus nodded, following that weird family out of the station.

He wasn't ready for those vacation days. He didn't want to spend time with the Potter's. But he had to admit that perhaps having a normal Christmas for a change wouldn't be so bad after all.

When the car started to move, James tried not to freak out. That thing was weird, it shook worst than Hogwart's brooms, and as he looked out of the window, he saw everything passing through so slowly that he started to feel nausea. He didn't say that to anyone, because Mr. and Mrs. Evans were talking and Lily had fallen asleep on his arm. He smiled to himself and closed his eyes, deciding to do the same. The shaking of the box was actually quite relaxing, and soon he was also asleep, holding Lily close to himself.

When James woke up, he looked out of the window and smiled widely. He didn't even remember he was on Snape's body when Mrs. Evans looked back at him with a knowing smirk.

"Missed home, didn't you?"

James bit his lip and nodded slowly, giving her a shy smile.

Not exactly home, but perhaps it could be, in the future.