Letters and Fun

When Severus woke up in the next day, something clicked inside him and he jumped up. That was Potter's last day in the Evan's. They had to talk.

He had no idea why Potter wasn't answering his letters, but he had to find a way of making him answer, so he decided to write a letter signed with 'The Half-Blood Prince', praying for Merlin that he would know who Severus was talking about.

He couldn't let Potter inside his house. No way.

Potter,

I don't know why you're not answering my letters. We need to talk. It's urgent.

You clearly have spent enough time with Lily and obviously don't want to go to my house. So here's the deal: I'll make a potion to make us go back to normal and then I'll ask your parents to take me close there. I'll say I want to visit Lily or something. You meet with me and we take our potions.

Seriously Potter. Answer this letter right away. I need to know if you will go meet me there. We need to solve this.

The Half-Blood Prince.

Severus read that card once, twice, three times, and then sighed. He couldn't say too much in case anyone else saw it. He didn't want to be blamed by something he didn't do.

He gave the letter to the owl and told it to go to Lily's house as fast as possible. Then, he sat down on Potter's bed and started to read the potion's book he kept next to the bed. He knew he would have to do something eventually.

He just hoped it would be soon.

"Sev. Sev!" James heard Lily yell, and looked up with a smile. Then, he cut it off. Snape did not smile damn it.

"Yes Lil?" he asked as she got inside the room where he was sleeping. James was packing up after that wonderful week, knowing that he would have to spend a few days at Snape's. Luckily he was able to bring Lily with him.

"Someone sent Potter a letter! It's signed Half-Blood Prince. Wow. Potter has a boyfriend now?" she said with a smirk. The words, however, almost made James vomit. Why would she even say that? Didn't she know that the Half Blood Prince was Sna... She didn't know. He was trying to contact him.

"What is it saying?" he asked, trying to sound casual while he packed his bags. She read it again and shrugged before giving it to him.

"Something about Potter meeting this Prince guy somewhere. Clearly Potter and this guy want it to be a secret, because it's just so random" she said, and as James read the letter, he frowned. What did Snape want? James didn't want to go back to normal. Not yet.

He had to admit that being Snape was fun.

"Well, this is Potter's right? Send it to him" he said simply, shrugging at her, and Lily nodded, wrapping it up again and sending the owl the Evans had to the Potter's mansion. James nodded to himself and finished packing, standing up and smiling at her. "Should we go?"

"Hell yes"

When an owl came up to Potter's room, Severus felt a bit of hope growing inside his heart. He opened the window and pulled the letter, only to see that it was the same he had sent. Growling, he sat down on the bed and rubbed his eyes. He needed to go find them and he needed to go now. Potter didn't know what it was like. He didn't know how to deal with parents that didn't love their children.

And yet, it was either saving Potter from a horrible mistake he had put himself up to, or stay for another week in an incredible house with amazing food and nice people.

"Potter can get through alone. I don't care. He would make fun of me anyway" he muttered, laying down on Potter's warm bed and closing his eyes. He didn't need to worry about a teenager that thought with his smaller head and didn't think of any consequences.

Because if Potter actually thought that his life was hard, he would learn how to appreciate what he had in one single day.

As they were going out, Mr. Evans called Lily and the two started to talk. James stood still against the door of the house, waiting for what seemed like years. After Mr. Evans was done talking to his daughter, Lily came over with a sad face and stared at him as if she was regretful.

"I'm sorry Sev. I forgot that tomorrow is my aunt's birthday and we are going to her house to spend the New Year. But my dad said I can walk you home" she said with a sad smile, and James' heart started to speed up. Oh great. He should've answered Snape.

"I-it's okay Lil. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine" he said with a weak smile. She nodded slowly and took his hand on hers, walking out of the house with him. James swallowed thickly and kind of followed her, since he had no idea where Snape's house was.

While they walked, she seemed to get even sadder. Something was wrong, but he didn't want to ask. Perhaps her family didn't trust Snape's all that much. Neither did he. What kind of family would have a son like Snape?

What if he had brothers? Sisters? Thousands of small Snapes running around a small, poor house. At least, that's what he imagined. Especially knowing that Snape's dad was a muggle. Yeah, he knew Snape was a half blood. It was quite obvious really, now that he knew what the Slytherin called himself in his books. Snape was never a good secret keeper.

Thinking so hard about his crush's best friend made James distracted, so when they finally arrived, he ended up bumping into Lily, who gasped while moving forward. She then giggled and looked at him with a knowing smirk.

"Daydreaming Sev?" she asked, and he simply nodded. Easier than explaining the thoughts he was having. Then, he really stopped to look at the house. It was small, dark, and it looked like it could crumble at any minute, which was scary. Some windows were broken, the door was dirty and had a hole in it, and the walls were of pure stone. James felt a shiver run down his spine. That house gave him the creeps. Very Snape like. "Well... that's where I leave you. Bye Sev" she said, and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

Then, she was gone. She was gone and James was alone. Alone with that falling apart house.

He wasn't ready. At all.