The Past | Chapter 22 | Pt.3

Three years ago

"Well based on what you told me, he's probably one of those kids with no friends," Karmen said while eating her chips that she brought from home for lunch.

"Karmen, stop being so rude! Also, stop eating chips, it's like all you eat! You're going to faint while doing pacers like last time!" Lila scolded her. They started to argue, but you paid no attention to them, until they stopped arguing and Lila spoke to you.

"Hey, I have a good idea! You should invite him to sit with us, you wouldn't want him to be all alone, do you?"

"You're just proving me right about him not having any friends," Karmen laughed.

"That's not what I meant!" They started to bicker again, you got annoyed and decided that Lila's idea wasn't so bad. You just had to find Eli now.

You got up from your seat and luckily for you Eli was just at the cafeteria exit with his lunch. He's most likely eating outside.

You quickly walked towards him, he didn't seem to notice that you were behind him, so you decided to put your right hand on his shoulder.

"Hey-"

"Ah!" his apple was about to hit the floor, but luckily you caught and place it back on his tray, "Thanks, but what was that for?"

"Sorry," you quickly apologized, "but I was just wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with my friends and I, that is if you already don't have friends to sit with, right?"

"Uh- yeah I don't, so sure."

You smiled at him and excitedly grabbed his hand to lead him to your table.

Once you guys got there, Eli placed his tray on the table, "I see you guys have finally stopped arguing, that means I can finally introduce you guys," you said.

Lila stood up from her seat and offered her hand to shake, "You're Eli right? I'm-"

Karmen interrupted her, "No shit dumbass, who else would it be? Jagged Stone?" they sarcastically said.

Lila rolled her eyes, "F off Karmen, but anyways as I was saying, I'm Lila." She smiled and then offered her hand again to shake.

"Uh- sorry, I don't really do physical contact with strangers."

"I swear I just saw you and Y/n holding hands," Lila told him.

Karmen groaned, "I swear you're the dumbest person I've ever met, Y/n's not really a stranger- like everyone at this school knows her. Plus, Y/n isn't annoying unlike you. People don't need to know you well just to know that you are."

Eli chuckled, he knew that they didn't hate each other it was just their dynamic.

"But anyways, enough about her, I'm Karmen. My pronouns are they/them and I identify as non-binary, just so you know."

Eli smiled and nodded, "Thank you for telling me, my pronouns are he/they, I'm not really sure what I identify as of right now."

Karmen smiled back at him, you and Lila could both tell they already grew a liking to him, so getting Karmen and Eli to get along wouldn't be an issue.

"Aww look at all of us already getting along, we should all take a selfie together!" Lila suggested.

"That's not a bad idea actually," you said as you pulled out your phone. You all sat back down and scooted close to each other. You stretched out your arm a little bit so you could all fit in the frame, with Eli to your left, Karmen to your right, and Lila next to Karmen.

1...

2...

3...

The camera light flashed taking a picture of the four friends.

End of chapter

Author's note: I'm a little late, but happy black history month! I'm sorry for taking a while to update and for any grammar mistakes. I hope you guys have been doing good. Anyways, don't forget to have a good day/night!

ALSO, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 52K READS I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!