Chapter 1: Ink-Slinger

The wooden boardwalk blurred below you as you felt a strong surge of adrenaline. The steady thump of your footsteps mixed with the loud music echoed in your ears and felt a bead of sweat roll down your forehead.

"Come on." you huffed out as you continued jogging across the Brooklyn Bridge, the cars and trucks whipping past you, pushing yourself to your limit before finally crossing into Manhattan when suddenly, your phone rang. You stopped by the entrance of the bridge and checked your watch that also worked as a phone, seeing that it was one of your best friends, Natasha.

"Nat, what's up?" you answered out of breath, jogging in place to keep your heart rate up.

"Are you okay?" She asked in concern.

"Yeah, I was just jogging." you assured her, "So what's up?"

"I'm with Wanda right now and we were wondering if you wanted to go out for brunch?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, we're on our way to the Lighthouse."

"Okay, I'll just go home, change and meet you there."

"Alright cool," Nat replied, "See you soon."

You pressed the hang-up button on your watch and took off, running for a mile back to Brooklyn.

"Hey, we thought you weren't coming." Natasha joked as both she and Wanda stood up to greet you.

You gave them both a kiss on the cheek, "I'm so sorry guys but there was traffic on the Williamsburg Bridge." you explained, taking the seat in front of your two best friends.

"So how have you guys been?" you asked, looking over the menu.

"We're fine," Wanda chimed in, "But Nat and I are more concerned about you."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, "I don't...." You let out a wry laugh, "What are you talking about?"

Natasha rolled her eyes at you, "Don't play dumb Y/N. It's been three months already and you still haven't moved on from Brock. I mean come on! He's already got another girlfriend and here you are sulking around."

Exasperated, you turned your attention towards Wanda who just nodded in agreement.

You looked back down at your menu. You hated it when they were right. You thought you and Brock were going to last forever, that is until you walked in on him knee-deep in some blonde in the bed that you shared.

"I'm not sulking around." You mumbled, looking back down at the menu, trying to figure out what you were going to order.

Wanda sat back in her chair and gave you a disapproving look, "Yeah right."

"I'm not!" You cried out, "I've just been busy with work. Is all."

"Oh come on, Y/N that's bullshit and you know it!" Nat replied, prompting you to roll your eyes at her.

"Alright, so what do you think I should do?" You asked in defeat, knowing that trying to talk to them was like talking to a fucking brick wall.

The waitress came by and took your order then left, you shook your head and watched as Nat and Wanda huddled together, coming up with a plan for you.

Whatever it was you were pretty sure you weren't going to like it.

They turned back to you and said in unison, "Makeover."

"Makeover?" You replied in surprise, "What's wrong with the way I look?"

"Nothing." Nat answered innocently, "If you're going for the somebody kicked my puppy look."