Chapter 3: Luna Park

Spanish is in italics.

Luna Park - Amusement Park in Coney Island (Opened in 1903 then re-opened in 2010)

(Dodger - is Chris' dog but for the sake of the story, he's the reader's dog)

You tried to sneak into your own apartment. You really did, but... who were you kidding? Dodger pounced on you as soon as you closed the door, knocking you down on the floor while he licked your face.

The lamp light turned on and you saw a visibly pissed-off Wanda who crossed her arms at you.

"Y/N Y/M/N Alvarez!" She yelled at you, as if you were a child and not a twenty-seven-year-old woman, "Do you realize what time it is?"

You looked at the time on the cable box, "12:30?"

"Twelve fucking thirty!" She continued to scold you, "Your son and I were worried sick about you!"

You looked down at Dodger who just laid on top of your legs.

"Geez alright, mom." You shoved Dodger off of you and got back up on your feet, "I won't do it again."

"Damn right you're not." She answered, raising an eyebrow, "So? Who's the guy? And do not bullshit me Y/N, I saw you both from the window."

"Okay.." you let out a sigh, "If I show you something will you promise me not to freak out?"

She nodded.

You dropped your bag on the floor and lifted up your shirt showing off the bandage covering the tattoo.

"Is that what I think-?" She put her hands up to her mouth.

You smiled and nodded, "It is."

"Oh my god! You finally did it!" Wanda exclaimed

"Do you like it?" you asked, suddenly nervous.

"Like it?" Wanda gasped, her eyes wide with joy. "I absolutely love it."

You let out the breath you hadn't realized you were holding. "Oh, thank God," you said, dropping the hem of your shirt. It was at that point that Wanda threw a pillow from the couch at your head.

"What the hell, Wan?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting it?" she demanded to know.

You shrugged a shoulder. "What if I backed out or Steve completely changed your design?"

"Oh?" She rose an eyebrow at you, "So his name is Steve?"

You let out a laugh, "Yes, his name is Steve." You plopped down on your couch, "And he is completely, utterly... out of my league." You confessed, "I can't believe he asked me out on a date."

Wanda threw another cushion at you, hitting you in the arm, "He what?"

"Ow!" You rubbed your head, "Will you knock it off?"

"He asked you out?" Blatantly ignoring your question, she repeated your statement, "Did you say yes?"

You let out a small laugh and nodded. Wanda quickly pulled her phone out, typed something on her screen, and held it up to her ear, walking into the other room. At that point, you felt your phone vibrate on your lap. You flipped the phone over and saw a text from Steve.

Guess he must've taken down your number and saved his on your phone.

"You can take the bandage off in about an hour and make sure to put some ointment on the tattoo. Also, be careful when you wash your rib cage when you shower. Just pat the area down." He wrote along with a smiley face emoji.