Ch.1:In the Beginning...

1735, Adan, Romania. I was born on a Wednesday of March. My mother told me that I was born under a full moon and that my father only looked at me and named me one word; Sânge. It was Romanian for my true name and my true nature. I never knew my father until I became what I am now, but my mother had told me when I was young that he was a explorer. She was right about that part. She even told me stories about his travels to other places like to mysterious lands and collecting legendary artifacts like King Arthur's Sword Excalibur, meeting Captain Blackbeard and finding his treasures years later, and traveling to the lost city of Atlantis. My name is Bri-Debris Diana McDermott, but friends call me either Diana, Bri, or as my greatest friends and allies call me now, Debra. Only my mom calls me Bri-Debris and Debris.

My life before has been a ok one, I mean mother raised me as a nice, loyal, and religious but free individual. I'd respected everyone and everything in life, to have a opened mind for things, and to know right from wrong growing up in Adan, but I've been raised to be smart and tough inside-out. I mean I was a great person to talk to then. I am half the person I was now, but that comes later. My mother was rich beyond currency then, but mom refused butlers and maids to work in the mansion because she wanted time with me, but she does have guard dogs and one guardsman, his name was Carrington Conway. Carrington was a strict but funny Englishman, I've called him Rum become he loves drinking rum and tea a lot. I used to make him tea and he would say something like "You always make a tea so great, its makes kings and queens give you their crowns to make you their ruler of all the land. I am grateful to be you guard, my lady." Rum told me stories of how he fought in wars and ones where mom was also a adventurer years before my birth. The reason he wants to guard us and the mansion is because he needs to repay a debt to her he might not fully pay in this lifetime nor the next. Rum always wears one of them 'red coat' army uniforms from Great Britain, he said they give him luck of the British. He is my true father figure. Back to my mother, she only leaves without me to go to occasional meetings with her peers in Transylvania. I went with her only two times, but my mother wants me to stay in Adan because of the legends of vampires in the village. While she's there, with her permission I invite my greatest friend or train with Rum until she returns. How she's rich is because of my fathers wealth and her helpfulness organization, The VanHelyn Shield Guard. My mother was such a wonderful woman.

Everything was fine until one day changed my life forever...

April 17, 1751, at that time, people believed there to be a vampire in Adan, Romania. Stalking and attacking victims at nightfall since two months ago. I didn't believe the rumors, but neither my mother and Rum, so we go on like nothing is going on. Ever though they both didn't believe in it, they took precautions; Rum took longer hours to guard the mansion and so was mother. Even some of those nights, she sleeps on her chair holding a rifle on her side. One evening, I was just traveling back from my friend's house. I was about to give my friend a  letter as usual after a weird situation we had some time ago. I didn't heard from her in months, but her mother informed me that she is inside but isn't ready for visitors. It was when I was going home when I heard a voice behind me, "My dear lady, you shouldn't be walking around here in such a night as young as you are." I've turned around to find a man in sharp clothing standing behind me. He had very blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, pale white skin, skin so cold as a winter's day, and his voice was so calm, strong, deep, bold, but very smoothing. I've said, "I agree with you, fine sir, but I have my business and I know you have yours also. I wish you a lovely evening mister..." "Hasings. Ericson Hasings, dear madam." " Ok, Mr.Hasings. Have a wonderful night." As I walked, away, I heard footsteps from behind me and I've felt his hand on my shoulder. He leaned close to me, licked on my neck slowly, then whispered in my ear, "The night is young, and you are yet to find the beauty of it. Mind going to a party I know of?" That went shivers down my spine, but I've became firm, "I need to get home now. I appreciate the invitation. Now good evening Mr.Hasings." His cold hand had a grip on my shoulder as if he didn't want to let go of me. Then he spoke to me, " Or I can help escort you to your home. Giving you some company-" "Good evening I say." I've yanked my arm away from his hand and started walking away swiftly. He then turned away and said, "Oh well then, until we meet again. Good evening, dear maiden." That time, I thought it was the last time I would see him, but later, I will be proven wrong.

I've got to the mansion in time for dinner, and Rum was excited to see me as usual. He sees me at the first gate from his little pen house inside. He has the first and second gate keys, and I have only a spare second gate key just so Rum doesn't have to unlock two doors for me and just unlocks only the first one for me. "A good evening to you, Diana. How is that friend of yours?" " Her mother told me she has been fine, just she left at the time I came to her doorstep. I left her another letter today, but I doubt she read them. I feel guilty Rum. I've tried to tell her with complete honestly and let her down as gently as i can. At the end, she doesn't want to see me. " Run out his hand on my shoulder and told me, "Don't feel guilty, Diana. I think she understands, Its just maybe too much to handle at once. Just give her time, my lady." " Indeed. That is exactly what mother said to me days ago, Rum. " A while later in the mansion, mother, Rum and I was eating dinner, talking, and laughing. "Bri-Debris, what took you unusually long out?" Mother asked. " I came across a mysteriously charming man. " "Oh! Hear that Victorya? You might have a good ole' sonny-in-law. Dom, dom, da-dom. " As Rum laughs off the joke, mother was interested on the man I've mentioned. "So..., this man, how did he look, Debris?" " He's charming. " Rum stared at me and asked, "Explain 'charming' mistress." " Indeed, how does he look, Debris? It has caught my interest. " Then I've had to explained, "Ok. He had mid-long blonde hair, striking blue eyes, pale skin-" "And quite a smile on his gorgeous face, He is such a dream." Rum had to interrupt me with another joke. "Oh, I'm very sorry to interrupt you, mistress. I've gotten carried away. Please continue on." " As I was saying, he was charming, but he was also a nuisance. He wanted to walk me home but I've refuse the offer. " After I'd told them, somehow they've instantly felt that I've left something out. "Debris, is there anything else you need to share with use?" Well..., " "Bri-Debris, is there anything you need to tell us?" "He's had his hand on my shoulder and licked my neck." Rum dropped his form and froze, Mother pulled her head back, both amazed by what I've said. At that time, if a unmarried man licks the neck of a unmarried women, its a sign of ownership. My mother went from happy to angry, but so did Rum. Rum became serious and asked me for his name. "Debra, what was his name?" " Rum, why are you so serious all the sudden ? " Bri-Debris, answer Carrington's question. " " His name is Mister Ericson Hasings. " "Then I shall find this 'Hasings' and give him a talking to, as sure I am."

Much later that evening, I was heading to bed until mother stopped me halfway to my room. "Are you ok Debris?" "Yes mother. But are you and Rum ok? You two was mad at me for some reason during dinner." Mother told me something I will never forget, "Bri-Debris, we're not mad at you, its that there are things you might not understand now, but very soon, I will tell you everything you need to know about what we are mad about. But to tell you, no we are not angry at you at all. Just at the person you've met earlier tonight. Goodnight my dear daughter. I love you very much." " Me too, mother. " We've exchanged hugs and Mother kissed my forehead. As I laid my head to sleep, something gave me the feeling that I was being watch, but it was from my window, but soon it went away and I've went to sleep. As I went to sleep, I've thought of that man, that Ericson Hasings.