Chapter Three

HEY GUYS! I know I haven't updated in ten months (what the hell have I been doing?) but here is CHAPTER THREE. I know I lost followers and probably won't get as many comments as before but I did promise to finish this series by August 2015. Surprisingly, I thought this chapter would take me forever but it flowed out (I'm back, ladies and dudes). 

FYI, Nick and Jackie's relationship is pretty messed up but it will develop. I'm wary that this might slow down the story a bit but I will try my best to keep it as awesome like my other stories. 

THANK YOU FOR READING!

I punched Nick in the face.

And it felt so damn good.

I awkwardly sat on one of the kitchen stools while Aunt Brandie applied an icepack to Nick's eye. I was going to say some sarcastic thing about how he should keep the black eye but preferred to keep my mouth shut. His dark locks had grown longer, spiraling just above his shoulders. He grimaced, letting his stupid dimple pop out which I still freaking adored.

"Keep this on there for a bit. I'll be right back." Aunt Brandie eyed me before disappearing from the kitchen.

Nick turned in his chair, settling his dark eyes on me. "Oh no, please stop apologizing for almost messing my eye up." He said, sarcastically, a thin smile forming on his lips.

"I already said sorry." I stated, quietly. I considered my words carefully. Oh, fuck it. "No need to be a complete jackass. Oh wait, that's impossible."

A grin broke out on his face and before I knew it, he was laughing, "Dammit, Jackie. I can't do this. 

I rolled my eyes, "Do what? It's not like we haven't talked in a year. Oops, we haven't. Right and you broke up with me."

His smile snapped, "I was an asshole for that."

"Excuse me?" I was not expecting that. I knew too well that Nick was as stubborn as I but to admit he was an asshole, I never thought I'd see the say.

"Yeah, I was a fucking asshole. I ended something that was awesome because I was a damn idiot. I saw you cry in the car and I didn't do a damn thing. I've wanted to connect you but I knew you would snap at me or hang up." He paused, adjusting the icepack on his face, "I can't take back for what I did to you even though I wish I would rewind time and fix everything... I loved you, Jackie. I always fucking will but I can't have you be mad at me forever. I took this summer off to fix everything. I honestly didn't expect you to come but here you are."

The air seemed to be sucked out of the room. There it was. The apology. The apology for ripping my heart out on the beach I confessed my love to him for. The apology that should have fixed everything but no words seemed to come out of my mouth. I was tormented for a year because of his stupid decision to leave me so unexpectedly. He left with barely an explanation and left with years of history. Everything I knew of him was smashed in that moment.

"Jackie?" Nick had seemed to come closer and I jerked away 

I wanted to scream at him. Scream at him for thinking this would patch up everything between us. I wanted to punch him again.

"No."

"No?" He repeated, confusion kneading in his brows.

"No, this doesn't fix anything, Nick. I have contemplated every day since you left what I would say to you if I saw you. I thought of words that would describe you well. Like asshole, dickhead and I even thought about cunt a few times but nothing seemed to work well. Nothing seemed to truly describe how you broke me. I gave everything to you. I broke off with Grant. All I want to do is yell at you for everything but...." I rubbed my face, sighing heavily. I didn't know where I was going with this, "I want to say I hate you. I hate everything about you but you'd know I was lying_ 

"Jackie..." He leaned closer, reaching a hand for me.

I moved away again, "Don't touch me. I forgive you. So, you don't have to try to make anything up for me."

"I want to fix everything." He stated again, setting the icepack down.

I shrugged, "You can do whatever you want but that's not necessary."

He sighed, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," Yes. Why didn't I say yes? What the hell is wrong with me.

Relief seemed to fill his features, "That's unfortunate."

Sure it is, I rolled my eyes.

"And you, girlfriend?" Then I added, "Or boyfriend?"

He chuckled, "Neither. I haven't been interested in anyone since the can't compare to my ex girlfriend."

"Hm... Grace Franklin was an awesome hockey captain." I retorted, ignoring his stupid comment. I've known Nick long enough to know he was trying to flirt. He was failing miserably.

"Ah, Grace." He laughed, "You know, we never actually dated. I was talking about a girl a few years younger than me with some awesome red hair."

"Nick, I'd rather not do this. This is what broke us from the start."

He shrugged, "I will always want you back, you know. Not to make up for everything but because I lo_"

"You might want to stop before you say something you're going to regret."

"I don't regret loving you. And I still do." He stated with undeniable confidence. I couldn't take it anymore.

Before I could stop, my fist was swinging toward his face.

Again.