Chapter Four

--------------

Hello everyone!

I know I haven't updated for months. I'm awful and I'm sorry. I was excited to write and then writer's block. Always that damn writer's block. Also, I have juggling different story lines for this book and haven't decided on one yet. That's why it takes forever to write. This is my last book in the series and I want to make it right and perfect. 

I know I stated I will complete the series by August 2015.... well, that due date is invalid since I suck at keeping up with things. I apologize for that and will try to update at least once a month.

For people that comment that I will lose followers because of this, I guess there isn't much I can do. For those who have stayed since the beginning, I love you guys and all your support!

Enough chit chat, enjoy the chapter!

------------

He quickly dodged my fist, breaking out into laughter, "You should start boxing. You have a nice swing."

"This is exactly what I was talking about, Nick. Stop trying to pursue me. We are never getting back together." Did I want to break out into Taylor Swift right now? Yes, yes I did but I didn't want Nick thinking this is a damn joke.

He shrugged, "Well, you know me best. I'm too stubborn to say yes to that."

"By the end of the summer, you'll be covered in black and blue. Do you really want to risk ruining that cute face of yours? I mean, that's all you really got going for you." I smirked.

He laughed, "I'm gonna pretend that was a compliment. And my answer is, I don't care. I don't want to sound like a cliché man in stupid romance novels but you are mine. Basically."

I groaned before deciding it was time to leave the kitchen.

"Not even a kiss goodbye. I see how it is. Oh, and thank you for calling me cute."

I rolled my eyes and headed to the living room, Nick still on my tail. He was close enough that if I swung my hand back, it would smack him square in the jaw. Did I do it?

Of course I did.

And he managed to dodge that as well.

I was going to make a promise right now. I was not going to let Nick win this. Before I could help myself, I spun around and Nick rammed into me. He quickly backpedalled before I attacked him again, "I swear Nick, if you dare try to do anything to ruin my summer, I will wreck you."

He put his hands up in defense but that stupid lopsided smile pissed me off, "What? I would never." He said, sarcastically.

I groaned and rolled my eyes before stomping to the living room to find Anita and Grant snuggled up against the couch.

"So, Nick, what fun things are there to do here?" Anita asked, trying to make the room less awkward but it was not possible at this rate.

I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out of my pocket. It was a text message from Carter. I already missed him.

How's it going in California?

Just jolly, I replied, hoping he would understand my sarcasm.

Aw, not so fun, I'm assuming. What's wrong?

I paused. I never told Carter about Nick. We were friends up until my graduation party and even though we said we were a couple, nothing was really defined.

"Does that sound like a good plan, Jackie?" Anita's voice rang in my ears.

"Wait, what?"

Nick spoke up, "Beach party tonight. One of my friends is hosting a party. I thought it would be a good welcome to California thing for you three."

I nodded, "Yeah, sounds like a plan."

"Alright, it's settle then. Beach party tonight. Feel free to wear bikinis, ladies."

I snorted at Nick's comment. There was no way in hell I was going to wear a bikini tonight. Yes, it's a beach party but it's at night. I am not about to be attacked by who knows what is swimming in that water.

Anita quickly got to her feet and grabbed my arm, "C'mon, help me pick out an outfit." We sauntered up the stairs of this grand house. I, for one, enjoying the large windows and gorgeous wooden interior. This house was fantastic. Anita and I agreed to share a room. Well, not really agreed but Aunt Brandie refused to allow Anita and Grant bunk together. Grant and Nick shared a room down the hall with a bathroom separating between us.

I collapsed on the small twin sized bed, hearing Anita close the door behind her.

"What the hell did you punch Nick for?"

I let out a groan, placing my arm across my eyes. Of course, Anita wanted to talk about this. She smacked my leg, "Ouch, what the hell woman?"

"Are you gonna talk?" She pressed, settling in front of her luggage. She rummaged through her clothes, looking for something in particular.

I shrugged, "Why I punched him... I don't know. But we did talk about 'us' and whatever. He gave me an apology and I forgave him."

Anita grinned, "That's great! Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Yeah, until he said he still loved me and that he would try to win me back." I sighed.

Anita was silent for a second, "I know you and Carter have something. And I know you and Nick still have something," I attempted to cut her off but she raised her hand to shut me up, "It's true, Jackie. You guys have something whether you admit it or not. Maybe it's good to just let it all out this summer. Just get him out of your system finally and be done."

I blinked, dumbstruck, "Are you telling me to date Nick for the summer and be done with him?"

"I'm saying you still have feeling for him rather they are bad ones or good ones. I think you just need him without the bullshit. Like last summer, Grant was in your way. And I came between you guys too. Lets not forget fucking Clay at one point. Carter doesn't need to know about this either. Be with Nick. Get him out of your system this summer and then end it. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better."

For once, Anita had a good point. It would be a short little fling. Nick would feel like he made up for everything and I would get him out of my system. A slow smile formed on my face, "Well, now I have to find the perfect outfit for tonight. Something to give Nick blue balls preferably."

Anita laughed, rolling up her sleeves, "Girl, I got the perfect outfit."