Chapter 14

(Naughty chapter ahue ahue 🤭)

I was back at the office that following day. Oh how I wanted to be with Jimin still.

I looked up to see Jack walking to his office.

"Hey." Jack said smiling.

"Hey, Jack." I said as my phone began to ring.

"Personal calls on your own time, okay?" Jack said entering his office.

Gosh, okay. I didn't even answer the phone.

I stood up and walked to his office and knocked on his window.

"Yeah?" He asked taking his jacket off.

"Um, did you get my message?" You had a phone call this morning with Ruth Carusi at 9:00 a.m." I said pointing at my phone.

"Shit." Jack said hanging up his coat.

"I can just reschedule it. I'll ask them." I said walking out.

"Did you book our rooms for New York yet?" Jack asked, stopping me before I took a step.

Our???
"Sorry?"

"New York. Book expo. This Friday. It's in the diary." Jack said.

"N... Yeah, I know, yeah. I booked your room. Of course." I answered back. He wasn't expecting me to come to was he?

"And you." Jack said, standing behind his desk, "It's expected that my assistant also attends." He added, typing on his phone.

I shook my head and smiled awkwardly, "I didn't know that. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. Just get yourself a room." Jack said as he raised his phone to his ear, "Unless you'd rather stay back with your boyfriend. I mean, it's not like you need to work." Jack stares at me with a grin then clears his throat.

"I'll sort it out" I said softly.

"Eric, hey, it's Jack. How was your weekend"? He said on the phone. "No shit? Hey, no, mine, mine was great. It was fantastic."

I sat down at my desk and held up my phone as I bit my lip. Jimin won't like this. I know he won't. He already doesn't like Jack. But this is my job. I have to try. This might be big.

Jimin's P.o.v

"We'll be accessing state and federal grants, of course, but more than 70% of the funding-"

My phone buzzed and I raised it up to take a peak. It was Y/N.

"FYI- I'm going to New York this weekend."

Excuse me? What. Did I read that right? She's going where? Since when? Why am I hearing this now?

I felt my muscles tense, it better not be with who I think it is.

"With your boss?" I typed back.

I waited for her to answer. I started to feel hot. Please say with her mom or her friend.

"For work. I need to do this"

For work? I don't give a shit. She's not going with that douche bag. No way do I trust him with her. I've seen they way he looks and smiles at her. He must have intentions, I know it.

"The answer is NO."

I put my phone down calmly as I tried to act normal and professional during my meeting.

Her message popped up within seconds.

"I wasn't asking."

I exhaled loudly and began tapping hard on the keyboard.