Chapter 32~

After I finished eating, Jimin sat back down at the end of the bed, "Why didn't you tell me what was going on?"

"I couldn't. Jack threatened me. What happened to him?" I then asked.

Jimin rolled his eyes as he looked away, "He'll live."

"I can't believe I shot somebody." I said, looking down at my lap.

"You should have aimed higher." Jimin mumbled.

I chuckled quietly.

I should've.

"Liz was helping him." I added.

"Blackmail. She had sex with Hyde, and he filmed it. Seems he did that with all his assistants." Jimin informed me.

"Oh, my God." Liz was forced into everything.

I looked down and Jimin placed his hand onto mine.

"I know you think you're gonna be a really shitty dad. But you're not." I watched as Jimin narrowed his eyes and breathed out.

I grabbed his arm and smiled, "This baby's gonna love you. Unconditionally."

Jimin looked up at me and smiled.

"Just like you loved your mother. You just have to forgive her." I added.

Jimin took a deep breath in and looked back down. He nodded and looked back up at me.

I was able to go back to the penthouse with Jimin because I had healed more.

I found Jimin in the kitchen after my nap once we arrived.

"What is happening? Are you cooking?" I asked, watching Jimin struggling as he dumped hot water into the sink from a pot.

"Yeah. I got this." He threw down the mitten, "Prepare to be amazed."

He walked back over to the other stove and tried turning off the stove but the flame got bigger.

He quickly turned it off and sighed as he looked over at me. He smiled and cleared his throat.

I chuckled as I made my way to him.

He opened the lid and groaned, "Shit." He began to stir what looked like pasta.

Beside him was a envelope signed, J. P.

"What's this?" I asked, picking it up.

"It's more information on Hyde. Open it." Jimin said, still stirring.

I opened it and took out the sheet of papers. It was pretty thick.

I flipped the paper and there was a huge picture with kids on it, "Whoa. Look at his foster family."

Jimin placed down the spoon and he looked confused.

He pointed at one of the boys, "That's Hyde," he then pointed at the shorter boy in front of Jack, "That's me."

"You were in foster care with him?"

Jimin shrugged, "I must have been."

"Do you remember these people?" I asked, "Do you know these kids?"

Jimin shook his head, "I barely remember anything before I was adopted. I was too young."

"That must have been what he meant when he said you own me a life. Because your parents adopted you and not him." I looked back down at the papers and when I looked back at Jimin, he was rubbing his forehead. What was he thinking?

"What's going on?"

Jimin snapped out of it and breathed out as he shook his head, "If I'd been left in the system, who knows how I would have turned out? That could be me. Maybe that should have been me."

"Hey. No. You are nothing like him." I put the papers down and walked in front of him.

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"You were given a life with advantages, yes, but," I smiled at him, "look what you made of it." I wrapped my arms around his neck as he smiled, "Your a man of honor. And you treat people well. You care. No one would ever say that about a man like Hyde. No matter who raised him."

Jimin shook his head and smiled as he leaned in and kissed me, "I love you."

I smiled and looked down at the cooking pasta that was completely burnt, "Now, if you could only cook. You'd be perfect."

He looked at the pot and gasped, "Oh, God."

"Okay," he turned the stove back off and tried stirring the pasta but it was stuck to the bottom, "Fuck it. Let's get take out."

I smiled and looked back at the papers. That's when I saw it. I grabbed it and turned to Jimin, "Jimin?"

He tossed the dirty dishes into the sink and began washing them, "Yeah."

"It seems that they've found...where your birth mother is buried."

Jimin turned the water off and turned around. I could see the sadness in his eyes.

Jimin needed this. This was a way he could forgive her and move on.