The Best Part

8 POV

We were walking through the park, and it was beautiful.

"Wow... it's incredible here." I said in wonder
"Glad you like it, but we're not even there yet." 3 said.
"It's going to get even better? Is that even possible?" I asked.
"Yes, I go there to clear my head, hardly anyone knows about it." He responded. I'm going to be alone with 3... maybe I'll be able to tell him, maybe.
"Ok." I responded. We moved through a few more bushes and ducked into a small rock tunnel, and came upon the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

 We moved through a few more bushes and ducked into a small rock tunnel, and came upon the most beautiful place I've ever seen

Sorry about the color saturation

"W-woah." I said, awestruck.
"Peaceful, isn't it?" He asked. I simply nodded.
"I see why you come here to clear your head, I'm already relaxed."
"And the water isn't that deep, only comes up to about my navel, so it was easy to learn to swim." He said. My eyes widened even more.
"You can swim?" I asked, amazed.
"Not that hard, I can teach you sometime if you like." He replied. He sat, back against one of the trees. He looked really handsome in the soft glow of the water's reflection, and my hearts picked up speed. I need to know how he feels about me.
"Th-3?" I stuttered, nervous.
"Is something wrong?" He asked
"H-how do y-you see m-me?"

3 POV

Woah, didn't see that coming, how the hell do I tell her? I didn't want to lie.
"Where is this coming from?" I asked, hoping to deviate her.
"Please answer 3, it means a lot." She replied. Shit.
"I... I see you as my friend."

8 POV

Immediately following his response I teared up. I started to back out of the place.
"Sorry, I-I have to go." I said, desperate to leave.
"Wait." I heard him say. Why? Does he just want to continue about how he doesn't love me?
"You didn't let me finish." He stood up, advancing with each word.
"I see you as a strong, smart, capable person, I see the one I have to protect, because she's the one thing I can't live without." He was right in front of me, an inch away.
"I see the girl who saved my life, the girl that changed something, the girl that cared, I see..." My breath hitched.
"The girl I'm in love with." Then he kissed me.

3 POV

I kissed her, she tensed up at first, then melted against me, becoming soft and limp. I supported her weight as she gently returned the kiss, knowing her, I kept the kiss soft and sweet, yet filled with passion. When I finally backed off, she was still limp against me.
"How do you see me?" I asked, my voice soft.
"I see a broken man, who's suffered pain but is stronger and smarter because of it. I see my savior, my protector. And I see the man I'm in love with." She responded quietly. I smiled, and went back to the tree and sat down, back against it, and patted the spot next to me, gesturing to sit down. Instead, she straddled my lap, resting her head on my chest. I gently lifted her head by the chin, making her look at me, and then brought her in for another kiss, softly massaging her lips with my own, making her melt against me once more. After we parted, she got off and sat next to me as I summoned my guitar, and began to sing.

Watch it, or don't. The lyrics are below.

   "I can be a liar, I can be a cheat
I can be neurotic, I can be a freak
I can be everything in between
But you always find the best part
The best part of me

I just wanna say I'm sorry
Some days I know get out of hand
I wish that I was anybody else
I'm a wreck but you understand

I can't take myself
I'm just not well
My own worst enemy
I can't help myself
Think I'm going to hell
I'll probably never leave

I can be a liar, I can be a cheat
I can be neurotic, I can be a freak
I can be colder than a rolling stone
You know I hate it when I'm left alone
Even at my best yeah, I can be the worst
I can be a headcase, spin you in reverse
I can be everything in between
But you always find the best part
The best part of me
The best part of me

You're not looking for a halo
You said there's more to me than I can see
You swore that it would be okay though
'Cause you'll learn to let the pain go
Everyone's got demons underneath

I can't take myself
I'm just not well
My own worst enemy
I can't help myself
Think I'm going to hell
I'll probably never leave

I can be a liar, I can be a cheat
I can be neurotic, I can be a freak
I can be colder than a rolling stone
You know I hate it when I'm left alone
Even at my best yeah, I can be the worst
I can be a headcase, spin you in reverse
I can be everything in between
But you always find the best part
The best part of me
The best part of me

I can't take myself
I'm just not well
My own worst enemy
I can't save myself
So I'll give them hell
This is me

I can be a liar, I can be a cheat
I can be neurotic, I can be a freak
I can be colder than a rolling stone
You know I hate it when I'm left alone
Even at my best yeah, I can be the worst
I can be a headcase, spin you in reverse
I can be everything in between
But you always find the best part
The best part of me
The best part of me

The best part of me."  I finished the song, and 8 was crying again.
   "Are you going to do this everytime?" I asked, teasing.
   "Sorry, it's just, that song means a lot, in a whole lot of ways." She responded. I smiled and pulled her back into my lap, holding her close. I let our minds touch, acheiving intimacy physically, and mentally. So warm... I heard her think before she noticed the connection. 3 you'll, you'll stay? She broadcasted nervously. Of course I sent back.
   "I love you" we both said in sync, then we pulled each other in for one last kiss before we left.

Another chapter done! Noice. I know that squids and octopi are cold blooded, but they have to produce some kind of body heat in the world of Splatoon, otherwise they wouldn't be able to go outside or have winter splatfests, because they'd freeze. Either way, if I made any errors let me know. Later!