3: Valentines day?

valentine's day...

a day hana dearly dreaded, not because she was jealous, well mostly not, but because she simply couldn't tolerate the love in the air which couples didn't let pass the chance for open pda. her friends, since most of them having boyfriends/girlfriends didn't feel an empathtic reaction to hana's disinterest of going out on a "double date".  i mean, hello? double date, a duo, not a third wheel for a sailed ship. 

the world didn't change for her imagining a partner beside her. 

that was also one of the reasons, she could atleast feel seen by an significant aloof other, jay. her age long nemesis who seemed to agree with her on spot when romanticism in explained. both of them made faces and still do. 

however she couldn't figure out why he hadn't gotten a partner, in hana's case according to her perspective, no one wanted her and vice versa. but for jay, oh the red carpet is sown just for him and laid for him here at HB campus. 

"hana, have you gotten any chocolates?"
the voice of her bestfriend had snapped the shorter out of her thoughts, hana gazed at her friend, her eyes sparkling in familiar sadness.

her bestfriend frowned, "it's alright cutie, i'm here." her friend opened her arms invitingly, her fond smile on her face.

"i want chocolates" 
hana muttered as engulfed like a koala into her hands.

"hana, i've told you this so many times and i very well manifest it despite your defense..." hana closed her eyes in frustration as she internally slapped her forehead expecting what's to come.

"you. have. a. chance. with. jay! like just look at it, he's always around you every chance he gets, he beat up that guy last year when he tried persuading you into some shady party, he's oh-so dearly protective of you, not to mention you're literally the only girl he talks to willingly to"
rose groaned as she finished.

"correcting, i dont have a 'chance'. and he just bullies me the first thing in the morning, moreover i do not initiate the conversation!"
hana exclaimed the ending sentence, making rose shake her head in dismay.

"ugh, whatever. my ship is gonna sail no matter what. and I'm sure jimin agrees with me"
rose smiled at she hugged the man who just approached her.

just like told before, most of her friends are dating already. and hence the feeling of valentines returned. 

"hey jimin"
hana waved lazily, which was returned by a bright eye smile.

"hey hana!"
he answered happily, handing a box of chocolates to rosé.

"nOpe"
hana quickly went inside before her friends started to make out right infront of her.

"It's only 8.45 am..."
fifteen minutes were left, and the classes were still as noisy as ever. hana did not want to enter class, she already suffers the noise for nine hours.

"yah, shorty"

hana turned around, with a hint of confusion which disappeared after seeing the boy.

"oh great, you're here already"
hana said gloomily, getting no valentine's chocolates, and now him.

"wow, where's the sunshine i see every morning?"
jay asked sarcastically, his hands deep into his pockets as his bag was slung loose upon his back, his hair was messy, only making him look better, as usual, as fashionable as always, his watch was dangling around his wrist.