Beautiful

Eredin

I hated how she looked at me, wanting to know where Cirilla was. I couldn't tell her, my determination for the future events with the girl was higher than anything. Even if Sage in her other form looked like my wife. With her red, vibrant hair, she was different and it made me feel comfortable. I believed she was beautiful.

Her threat of her using my name to kill me didn't affect me at all because if she killed me, Commander Imlerith would know to never give her the girl. So that's what I told her. She stared at me in spite, her plan that had backfired made her mad and I sat in my seat with a sigh.

"I'm sorry that you've gotten enough of what I can give you," I told her.

"That's Emhyr's daughter."

"I remember that you didn't want to give him his daughter either," I thought. "Even if you try and use him as an ally to stop him, the four of us can reap your world in an instant. Obviously, I don't want to because there are more humans than anything here."

"You're sick," she spat.

"And please, don't call that Witcher, I know how much he means to you and I'd hate to kill him," I added as she stormed out. Once she was gone, I let a small smirk go against my face.

My expression faded when I smelled blood coming from the hallway. I frowned, making sure it was the right scent, and tried to differentiate if it was animal blood or human blood. However, I was wrong. It was an elf, my elf, Nithral.

I stood when I saw the Witcher, who I had just talked about, holding the head of my horsemen. I didn't make another move as he tossed the head, Nithral's helmet coming off his head as it rolled, soaking the carpet with his blood.

Geralt stared at him then at me and my one arm. We shared a feuding eye contact for a minute. "I want her."

"She is not yours."

"Yes, she is," he said. "If you don't, then I'll go to the next one."

"And I'll start my trials... Witcher," I told him. His black eyes returned to their normal yellow and he stared at me, his lip twitching. "First, I'll start by using her Elder Blood to heal my arm."

"Don't you dare."

"I will. Didn't Vesemir try to use her blood to make more Witchers?" His head tilted in confusion, wondering how I knew that and I chuckled. "What's the difference?"

"The difference is that you want to drain her dry!" He cursed under his breath and took steps forward and stomped his large foot on Nithral's head and it made me startle. He glared at me and walked out of my room.

Once his footsteps were gone, I rushed to the head of my horsemen and looked at his condition. I'm sure he knew that I couldn't bring him back as I did Cahir. With him, it was a clean wound that I could patch up, but with Nithral, his head was deformed and decapitated, and I couldn't imagine what the Witcher did to his body. Maybe, I wouldn't be able to find it or all of its pieces.

I used the back of my hand and wiped the tear that fell down my cheek. Grabbing my prosthetic arm, I clipped back on, my helmet too, and took the sword that Caranthir had built perfectly for me. I was on a rampage, ready to do what I had promised but as I was leaving, I heard talking.

I was familiar with Sage's voice and I entered the room to see her talking in her sleep. Danika had done the same so it wasn't unusual. Sage's red hair had only lasted a short minute because now, it was white along with her pale skin.

Sage was beautiful in her sleep: her hair spread out behind her, her dress white with light blue embroidery, her frozen skin glowing in the yellow light. Everything about her was confusing but it made sense at the same time. Although she reminded me of Danika so much, there was something of her own that I enjoyed so much. I was sure it was her fire. Danika was more soft and kind and Sage had that too but there was a disorder to her. Mages had chaos, including Cirilla, but Sage had craziness. It was a beautiful but erratic behavior of nature that kept everyone on their toes. She kept things interesting.