AFTERWORD

Alexis and Veronika are different, yet very much the same.

One was raised to be a soldier, to restore her people to glory, and to eliminate any and all threats that would dare to stand in her way. The other, a prisoner who developed her skills in the shadows of Xirxine's ethical miscues, falling prey to a radical ideology that calls for the elimination of any and all threats that would dare to stand in her way. And both are bound to the Worthy—to the Phoenix—by blood.

Like I said: different, yet the same.

"S I S T E R H O O D" ties into perhaps the most poignant recurring theme in the "Safe Haven Saga": the theme of duality. As you've probably noticed, several characters have been either split into "halves" or are pawns to higher powers in these stories (Addison/Vision, Gale/Cthylla, Victoria/Venganza, Cameron/Adina, Cameron/Safiya, Male Koko/Female Koko, etc). This particular example of duality, however, is more of a contrast between characters. There will be more instances of this theme throughout the rest of the "P O W E R" series, so be on the lookout for them when they pop up.

Switching gears now, we move on to an entirely different pair of stories that will end up involving the athrogons again regardless (not for a while, though). This two-parter will feature some characters we haven't seen in quite some time; not since the final Epilogue of "Target" (not including the brief cameo at the end of "P O W E R : Family"). A word to the wise: have your holy books ready, because when you encounter the descendants of fallen angels, the only way you'll survive is on a wing and a prayer.

Next up: "M A L A K H I T E S : Fallen"! (Coming 2/11/22)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

("P O W E R : S I S T E R H O O D" was written from August 27, 2021 to September 4, 2021.)