44.

(Skimmed over, never perfect 🤡)

Hayes didn't even attempt to mask her noise level as she turned the door handle and pushed the bedroom door wide open, the wood material making a resounding bang against the springy door stopper.

And why would she, when the whole purpose of the adventure was to wake her brothers up for school?

"Wakey! Wakey!"

Still cackling away, Hayes blinked as her eyes adjusted to the darkness before zoning in on the bed closest to her, which just so happened to be Francis'.

"Sunshine, be easy," Austin requested as he followed behind, a last attempt to calm her.

It didn't work.

Unable to thwart her evil plans, Austin watched as Hayes leaped onto Francis' bed, landing with a belly flop right on top of his bare back. The majority of his comforter was hanging off the bed, covering just one of his hairy legs.

It only hurt her a little, the middle of her chest just a bit sore from the game, but she didn't seem to notice. Hayes was riding a sugar rush so early in the morning because in a uncharacteristic move, Austin allowed her two whole spoon scoops of ice cream as a breakfast treat since she didn't get any dessert last night after the game.

Two spoonfuls!

Straight from the cartoon, too!

In his defense for the questionable parental choice, Austin was a bit tired today, which was understandable with all the stress he carried, and it was a fight he didn't want to have to start his morning.

Happens.

Poor Francis though, he groaned in pain at the sudden added weight. The high school senior was up even later than his baby siblings whom both promptly went to bed after basketball. He didn't have that luxury, instead studying for his math test until the wee hours of morning. Francis was under threat by Austin that if he didn't excel on this test, he'd be facing a more serious consequence than just being grounded.

According to his eldest brother, and reinforced by Austin's disapproval for his behavior yesterday, being a senior with college education already secured as a committed student athlete did not mean he could just slack off.

Humph.

Dakota probably snitched on him, that snake, because otherwise Austin would never have found out in the first place. Payback for something Francis probably did but couldn't remember.

Thanks, Dickota.

After all the focusing he had to do, Fran was now down to three remaining brain cells for the year.

Larry, Curly, and Moe.

Hoped they'd last.

"Franny, guess what, guess what." Hayes practically shouted in his ear as she bounced a little. She began poking his back with her index fingers in random spots. "Wake up, Franny, come on, guess what." The words were at rapid fire speed as she spoke as fast as she thought them.

"I swear to God," Francis grumbled, not a morning person in the slightest today. He did not get his necessary 7.5 hours of beauty sleep and boy, was he cranky. He shoved his head under the nearest pillow, nearly suffocating himself as his arms secured it down, blocking out any unwelcomed light and sounds and sister.

Taking pity on his brother, Austin swooped in and pulled Hayes off of him, plopping her back down on the floor. "That's enough, Hayes."

He continued on his routine path to the boys' master bathroom, switching that light on so he could see better while not blinding everyone.