ch4 Captain Chunk for prez

~Carter~

For the last two weeks, Alex and I had been almost inseparable. He would come over to my apartment with pizza and wine and would massage my shoulders while I graded papers and complained about children in my class and I would tag along to photo shoots, recording and signing sessions, whenever I could.

“What are you doing tonight?” Alex asked as we sat on my sofa, he was laying down with his head in my lap, watching peter pan, while I graded papers on the armrest with one hand, my spare one running fingers through his hair.

“I need to get out at some point. Grading these papers are driving me insane and I am pretty sure Isacc and Ricky are copying each other because they are the only two who put ‘Captain Crunch, yo’ as their answer for ‘Who is the current American President?’” I muttered a reply as the mermaids tried to drown Wendy on my TV screen.  “Why, what did you have in mind?”

“Well.” He sighed, lifting his head and sitting sideways to face me, my warm lap now going cold. “I think, because I am leaving for tour tomorrow and I love being around you, that whatever has been going on between us for the last 2 weeks, need to become official.”

“Whaaaaaat?” I asked, a small smile spreading across my face, and my stomach filling with a thousand butterflies as nervous smile made its way on to Alex’s.

“Carter Darling, Will you go on a date with me tonight?” A smirk now crossed his face as I felt my cheeks go red, biting my lip I nodded my response instead of speaking in case it came out as a squeak. “Perfect, I’ll back to pick you up in 2 hours.”

~

“You are reached Noah Rose, Professional tattoo artist, asshole and procrastinator. Here comes the beep, hopefully you are smart enough to know what to do with it.”  I threw my phone onto my bed and sighed after getting her voice mail for the 6th time.

“That’s right you are an asshole.” I muttered to myself, holding my towel closer to myself and went back to my closet to try and find something date appropriate seeing as I only had 20 minutes until Alex would be back. I had texted him a little while ago asking for outfit instructions and was answered with ‘casual but a little dressy’. Great. I hope he likes sweatpants and a shirt with a ketchup stain on it

After a long time of staring into my closest, I chose a strapless day dress. The bodice was white, with a v neck line and a bow on the left hand side. The skirt was a light blue colour and went just above the knee, I paired it with silver ballet flats. Once I was dress, I ran back into my bathroom to check my hair and make-up one last time and added some lip gloss as there was a knock on the door. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed my white shoulder bag from my bed and made my way through my small apartment to the front door.

Alex was standing there, in a pair of black skinny jeans, a blue button down shirt and a blazer, a bunch of purple and white, wrapped in newspaper in his right hand. “Well you scrub up well Gaskarth.” I smirked as he looked over my outfit before looking back to my face,

“You look gorgeous.” He nodded, holding out the flowers for me to take. “Here, I got you these.”

“Alex, calm down.” I smiled at him, taking his spare hand instead of the flowers and pulled him into the apartment. “It is just you and I going out.”

“On a date.” He pointed out and I pulled him to the kitchen to get a vase for the flowers. “I am going on a date with a beautiful, funny and perfect gal.”

“So we aren’t going out?” I joked, turning to look at him, still holding his hand. He rolled his eyes smiling at me and leaned into kiss me. “NU UH, you have to earn the whole lip smashing thing.” I laughed pulling away and getting the vase and filling it with water and out the flowers in. “Come on.”

 ~

“Alex, I swear to god if this blind fold doesn’t come off soon, there will be no” My rant was cut off when Alex stopped in his place, causing me to run into his back. It was eerily quiet where we were, He had blind folded me in the car before we left my apartment building around half an hour before. And had guided me god knows where as we reached the bottom of some big stairs.

He let go of my hand and I heard his feet move before the noise stopped and the blindfold was lifted from my face.  In front of me was a giant piece of glass with water behind it. Dolphins swimming gracefully, watching us as they passed.  “Surprise.”

“The aquarium? How did you know this is my favourite place in the city?”  I asked spinning around to face him.

“I would love to say a little birdy told me, but it was a total stab in the dark with this one.” He shrugged a cheesy grin spread across his face as his wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. “Am I earning brownie points towards lip smashing?”

“I would say you are roughly a quarter of the way there.” I replied slyly. To be honest he was already 100% of the way there because he bought me to my favourite place in, but I couldn’t let him know that.

“Well let me try and get the other 75 % with the picnic.” He moved his head to side and I noticed a picnic blanket, pillows, candles and a basket on the floor, with a bottle of sparkling apple juice.

~

“You seriously did that to her?” Alex laughed, a little later after we had eaten a dinner of fries and burgers. I was now sitting in between his legs, leaning up against his chest, while he had his back against some pillows and the bottom step.

“Who knew that putting open chocolate pudding cups into the kindergarten bitches bag and shook it would land me an asshole of a best friend.” I laughed with him. It was true, Noah and I had become best friends in kindergarten, when the princess of the class threw juice on my favourite Aladdin sweater, so I plotted my revenge with chocolate pudding cups. Noah had put superglue on her drink bottle over the fact the girl had tried to cut her hair. Turns out time out was longer than the 5 minutes the teacher had told us, because I was still stuck with her 17 years later

“My little rebel.” I heard the smile on his lips before I registestered what he had just said. Sitting up in surprise, I felt my cheeks go as red as roses as I turned to face Alex.

“Your little rebel?” I asked with one eyebrow raised, biting my lip, to stop the smile from spreading across my face.

“Don’t do that, you have a beautiful smile.” He muttered, placing a hand on the side of my face. “But yes, my little rebel. That is if you, Miss Carter Darling, will have me as your boyfriend?”

“The rebel and the momma’s boy.” I smirked and pretended to think about it for a second. “I think we could make it work, I mean everyone is going to hate because we are worlds apart but”

“Just shut up and kiss me now” He leaned in and kissed me, finally because I don’t think I could wait much longer for the lip smashing to start.  And in that moment, I couldn’t of been happier, just Alex and I in our little world, oh and the dolphins watching us creepily as they swim around the tank.